Thursday 3 February 2022

Crepes and a Morning Walk

 I feel badly that I gave the impression yesterday that the stack of pancakes I showed were made by me. It was a picture off the internet because I wanted to do a post but we were hours away from suppertime.  Like many of you we prefer crepes and that is what we had. These were filled with cottage cheese and topped with blueberry sauce.


It ended up snowing yesterday and when we walked early this morning there was a layer of snow/slush on the paths. It's quite mild so the snow should melt away but more is in the forecast.  We saw swans on the lake again.  We didn't see any raccoons but we did see their tracks. Apparently they are most active at dawn and dusk. We've been lucky to spot them from time to time probably on their way home to rest all day.


Two teacups today both with lily of the valley pattern.


 Granny M


17 comments:

  1. Your crepes look delicious. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a pretty lily of the valley teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those crepes look so good! Such a pretty plate too! The teacups are really pretty! Lily of the Valley is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi GM, long time no chat. It is a blustery and very snowy day in Ohio. I had a taste for crepes, my mother was Hungarian, as am I, and we call them palacintas. Oh so good with the cottage cheese, or jam/jelly. It's going to be a long day for my family as they are working, and then snowblowing...so a little treat. Hope you are well. I have a Hyacinth started in one of those bulb jars, it has roots, and I hope my sense of smell returns by the time it flowers, or I'll have to use my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lily of the Valley is my mother's favorite flower! She would have LOVED these. We have crepes with cream cheese & warm blackberry sauce...yours looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say, your (real) pancakes look so much yummier than the ones we saw yesterday :)
    Pretty teacups, I like lily of the valley, Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an exclusive ***** Five-Stars-Restaurant ***** you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The crepes look lovely too. I was one of them that thought those were your pancakes! Ha! I would come to your house for either one.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crepes look great! And the teacup on the right would be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would take one of your crepes any day! I just must make some of your blueberry sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tea cups are lovely, your walk sounded heavenly . . . do hope you're careful, we don't want to hear of any slips or falls. I did think you made those pancakes, but look at you making crepes . . . they love divine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adam and I both saw your stack of pancakes yesterday, and we thought the same thing: That stack looks really great, but nobody could eat that many pancakes!!! Haha :) I do like your crepes better anyway. Very delicious. Your description of the lake and swans and your walk sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete