Wednesday 20 July 2022

Seen on my Morning Walk

 It's a beautiful sunny morning.  We're going into a prolonged period of very warm days but it does cool off at night, thankfully.
There were not many ducklings this year, not like other years. It's possible that park people addled the eggs because of the sheer numbers of geese and ducks that stay on the lake all year round.  This mama duck must have laid a second clutch. The babies were so little they could walk ON the lily pad leaves.

 



 There were lots of bunnies of all sizes hopping about. I saw a very tiny one, the smallest I've ever seen but didn't get a good picture  of it.


We pass by this old Weeping Willow every day and it never fails to capture my attention. It has a spooky sort of look as it leans ever closer to the water.



In spite of the warm day I'm baking bread today. What are your plans?

Thanks for coming by,  GM

15 comments:

  1. Nap!! Lol. That's my #1 plan. I didn't sleep well last night.

    Love the tree photos today

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could make so many childrens stories around that willow tree, very mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. I love the little lily pad walkers.
    I did a bit of work outside and I have spent the rest of the morning at the computer. A complex blog post is one of my accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those baby ducks are so cute.
    I did lots of laundry today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O so tiny ducks! And how they love the water! Fine photos! The bunny also is very sweet. The old willow is really mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bread needs to be baked, whatever the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Ducks and Lily Pads pictures! We had a surprise early morning rain that was quite wonderful. I carried my umbrella and enjoyed the pitter patter of every drop. I had a grand time visiting with the granddaughters this afternoon. I served them a slice of pound cake with strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those little ducks are so cute, walking on the lily pads. I'm doing some computer work today, just taking it easy. I'm tired a lot lately....have my CT Scan in another week....hopefully all will be well again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute little wildlife creatures you saw on your walk today and I agree that the tree is a bit creepy looking. Today was a busy day with several doctors appointments for Mom and Piper's tennis camp. I haven't packed hardly anything and we leave early Friday morning. Tomorrow is completely full too. Yikes!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catherine france.
    I did some shopping as I have not been out much because of the heat, I will be cooking today. I love your pictures of ducklings so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That weeping willow is my favourite too!
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed the pictures from your walk! The ducks are tiny...and so is that little bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos from you walk. The ducklings are so cute.

    ReplyDelete