Sunday 31 July 2022

Morning Walk and an Amaryllis

We walked beside Fishtrap Creek this morning as we usually do on Sundays. It involves a short drive whereas our nearby lake does not  otherwise I think we'd choose to walk at Fishtrap every day. More shade, less people and better views.



 
It's 33C ( 91F) now  shortly after lunch . Hopefully this week our temperatures will go down below the 30's daytime highs.  I find it difficult to get much done around the house and outside as well.  Thankfully youngest son came early yesterday morning. I had a long list of plants to cut down ( mainly huge clumps of Shasta Daisies) and he dug out several overenthusiastic perennials although with no watering I can't understand why they grew so much.  Anyway, it all got done in a relatively short time and I am very thankful for all his help.

My  Amaryllis has 2 fully opened flowers and more buds. I brought it up to my room where there is A/C  hoping that will help the flowers to stay lovely as long as possible.

Thanks for visiting,  GM



10 comments:

  1. Lovely morning walk and what a beautiful Amaryllis!! Wow! Have a fine day now...
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to walk. GIRL...it's some kind of hot here! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its warm here I see. Beautiful trees and atmosphere. Amazing Amaryllis! Time is running... Goodbye July, it was a rich summermonth for me. Best greetings and wishes to you, dear Granny Marigold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Granny, do you not have AC? I can't deal with the heat and humidity as I've gotten older. I sure wouldn't last long in 90 degree temps without the AC taking the humidity out of the air. Praying for cooler temps for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your amaryllis is quite unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the image of the path leading to the lake. And your flower is striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's a lovely walk! And your amaryllis is beautiful 😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a wonderful place to take your walk. Beautiful scenery!!!! The amaryllis is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Amarylis is beautiful! You have such a way with flowers! I also wanted to tell you that I did actually order my own copy of Christmas with Rosamunde Pilcher! I am looking forward to receiving it on Friday because I think it would be fun to give my husband a bit of a Scottish Christmas!

    ReplyDelete