I know I've shown my well-loved porch swing many times. I like to have a couple of different quilts to change off ( the material underneath it is very old and the quilt covers it nicely. This quilt is one I bought (along with a pillow sham) last spring. The quilt was probably a king size and every time I tried to straighten it on the swing it bunched up. Yesterday I had enough. I found a spot where I could spread it out and cut the excess off. It was hard to do because I felt I was ruining the quilt but I knew if I didn't I'd keep disliking the "bunching". I'm happy to say this was a success.
I should add that this quilt isn't really quilted. The material is patchwork if that makes sense. It has a filling though and a very nice fabric on the back.
Not such a success with my jam today. The jam turned out fine but I had the not-so-brilliant idea of using a plastic jar. You can see just what the hot jam did to it. What a mess. I'll stick to glass jars from now on.
Thanks for visiting,