Thursday 9 February 2023

A Mouse and a Recipe

Good Morning!  It's another wet day here but I'm hoping to see the sun this afternoon.
Thank you for your interesting ideas on what my blue flannel piece could be. I have no idea what I'll do with it. Maybe enjoy it for a few months then donate it back to the thrift store.

Another small treasure I found at the thrift store was this crocheted  mouse. I think she looks so sweet and the fact that someone spent however long making her makes her special. She has what feels like a Styrofoam  form inside and appears to be carrying a bunch of something under her arm. Her tiny apron is tied in a bow in the back. I haven't decided just where she'll stand.


 

I tried a new recipe this week. It was a hit with DH and I liked it too. I only had one lemon but it didn't seem to matter.

 When I make it again I'll make it in ramekins because it didn't hold together very well for serving.



 Whatever your day holds I hope it goes well. Thanks for visiting today,   GM

11 comments:

  1. I wonder if it is a feather duster your mouse is holding. She looks dressed ready for housework, and is charming!

    That lemon pudding is a favorite recipe of mine -- depending on the balance of amounts of the different ingredients, its layers are more or less notable -- and with two lemons, and their zest, it's oh so wonderfully lemony. But it's never one for "holding together." We just spoon it out in shaggy servings. I haven't made it in a long time, and I do have lemons on my tree ready to pick, so maybe I will again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have promised us sun and 55 today, but so far there are still a lot of clouds in the way.
    Your little mouse is cute and I like it that you thought of how much work someone put into it once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very good I love lemon

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANYthing lemon is ahit in our house!
    Cute mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did the lemon pudding turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lemon pudding looks delicious! Imagine, today I thought of making a pudding, too, and I was asking me if I should put it into a bigger form or into some smaller bowls :)

    The mouse is made by loving hands - so good, that you give her a home in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your little Mouse Lady - she is so cute! Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love anything lemony.
    Cute mouse - it looks like knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your find is cute.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/02/a-key-element-for-business-growth-and-development.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww the little mouse is so cute. I can't imagine what the blue flannel piece could be for. The lemon pudding looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything you make, looks delicious....including this! Wish I could try it!

    ReplyDelete