Tuesday 28 February 2023

Good-Bye February

It's snowing again. We walked in a light snow but now it's much heavier. So beautiful to watch as it falls as you can barely see out the window, behind my Amaryllis. I'm pleased that so many of my Amaryllis that I didn't bother putting into dormancy, are growing flower scapes. "Nymph" is the first one to open and has 3 blooms and an unopened bud.
 


My lemon scented Geranium had grown lanky over the winter and I trimmed it back.
 


 It's a day to do small chores ( such as pruning plants) and I'm doing a load of laundry. Nothing important but pleasant as I keep looking out at the snow.  

Thanks for coming by, GM

Diane: I do remember how itchy some of those sweaters were!

Happyone: Yes, I remember wrap around skirts, in fact, I still have one. It's a pale blue denim.


13 comments:

  1. It's hard to imagine your snowy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your window scape is so pretty with the snowy backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are so pretty, I think you must have a green thumb! :) I've never heard of lemon scented Geraniums, I wonder if I could find one down here. hmmm....I just might go looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleasant work is the best work! The plants enjoy the white bright light of the snow, when they look out from your window. Falling snow is so peaceful to watch for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've hardly had any snow this year - a strange weather wise winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got only a sprinkling of snow here. I don't want any more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are so lovely! I'd love to smell that geranium you mentioned! Granny, I want to thank you for mentioning the great books written by Gladys Tudor. I ended up finding one at a used book store...."The Stillmeadow Road." I'm wondering if you have read that one? I am enjoying it so much but will soon be coming to the end of it. If you haven't read it, I would be happy to ship it to you. Let me know if you would be interested in that? Thanks so much for your great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking out my window at brilliant blue skies. A contrast to your snowy scene for sure! It does look cozy and happy at your home.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, good bye and good riddance to February!
    Love your flowers!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. We got another snow the other day with more expected this weekend. I sure am looking forward to warm spring weather. I need to get outside and move around. I call the seasons, Spring, Summer, Fall and Quilting Season . . . but my old body is getting tired of sitting and stitching and longs to dig in the dirt, LOL. here I am anonymous again . . . it's Connie from Crafty Home Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pottering around as you enjoy your home sounds so peaceful and pleasant. Have a happy day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad February is over and hoping that March will bring warm weather and spring flowers. You have a lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here it is cold but sunny with blue sky.

    ReplyDelete