Friday 17 February 2023

Teacups

 

Good Morning!  It's a rather gray day with the possibility of showers or even some flurries. A good day to stay indoors and relax. But first I will do a bit of housework ( then I feel I 'deserve' to sit and read).

A recent thrifty find that I haven't posted about are these two: the first was very inexpensive because teacups with words don't sell. I have a large collection of teacups that lack saucers and I can always display a pretty cup while hiding the side with words.



The other cup has the unusual saucer which I imagine is meant for a small snack. I have 2 others like it but with different flowers, of course.   I believe the flower is a Frittilaria which is in the Lily family.
I planted some bulbs one year but they didn't grow so maybe it's too wet here in Spring.

Thanks for visiting, Have a lovely weekend.   GM





14 comments:

  1. I love seeing your huge variety of china pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like teacups with words! What an adventurous saucer beneath the second cup! I'm shure you have earned a good time to chill and read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun! I love seeing your tea cups and other beautiful dishes!!!! 🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cup with the snacking saucer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the Lady Slipper orchid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cups! I never thought about words not being popular. Those plates are really interesting. Never saw one of those before.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the cup with the unusual saucer ... perfect for a cuppa and a low carb biscuit :)

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty finds. Like the saucer and dessert plate combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a very pretty plate and cup, it looks very much like a Lady Slipper:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the shape of that first teacup! And I love the message at the end of your blog. Wishing you a wonderful weekend too, Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty finds. The snack tray and teacup are unique. In reply to your comment on my blog - I think we're going to get a composite sink, made of granite chips and resins. I had one in a previous home and quite liked it. What did you choose?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like the cup with words. What fun to think about Ruby and her beautiful wedding. It might be fun to collect cups with words. Chickweed! What a nuisance. I might be tempted to get a flock of chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness! That first cup looks like it should belong to the Royal Albert family! Beautiful!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the set with the snacking saucer. My daughter gave me one a few years ago, it does stand out among my other cups and saucers. I like them!!!

    ReplyDelete