Sunday 19 February 2023

Sunday

 


 
Happy Sunday!  It's a chilly day with a sharp breeze. We walked by Fish Trap Creek where the tall trees gave us some shelter.




The flower on the cup that I posted last time could very well not be a Fritillaria  as I thought it was. Instead it is most probably a Lady Slipper Orchid. Thanks to Linda and Connie for identifying it.

Fritillaria


Lady Slipper


Kate's coming in a short while to cut hair and stay for Dominoes. We haven't seen her for 3 weeks, something that rarely happens. We're so fortunate to have family living in the same town.  

Thanks for coming by,  G.M.

10 comments:

  1. It is so good to have the family in the same town, near to see and meet them often. Your family is ONE heart! Here we also have a sharp breeze. The snow is melting also in the high mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both flowers are so pretty.
    I had a pretty mild day walk this morning! Should be the same tomorrow.
    Enjoy your dominos game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At any rate both are lovely flowers! Have fun playing Mexican Train...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Fritillarias, and orchids too. I once had bee orchids growing in a garden, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pond looks cols, still...and I love the flower!
    hug
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great day at your house yesterday. I haven't walked since I got sick. Any exertion and I cough and cough and cough. The flowers are so pretty. I don't know how anyone can keep all of the names straight. I barely remember the common plants and flowers. :-)
    Take care!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with happyone ~ Both flowers are so pretty. I like the name "Fish Trap Creek." Along its banks must surely be a wonderful place to walk, especially when one needs to take shelter from the wind. Haircutting time surely rolls around quickly these days. We both are in need of a good trim.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's Monday afternoon now, and it's cold and blustery, a day to stay indoors and do laundry and housework.

    ReplyDelete