Wednesday 1 February 2023

Wednesday Chit Chat

 



 Happy February!  I received these pretty Valentines from 2 dear friends. I must get mine sent away this week. I'm afraid no one has much faith in the Canadian Postal Service. Mailed items can go across the country in 3 or 4 days or it can take 2 weeks. So we learn to mail things in plenty of time.

I don't think I've shown the magazines that I got at the thrift store on my last visit. At .25 each they're a bargain.


We walked in the snow this morning. The trees and shrubs were so lovely with their snowy branches. The forecast for the rest of the week is for cloudy with chance of rain every day. Oh well. I have plenty to keep me busy indoors.  

Thanks for visiting,  GM

14 comments:

  1. Lovely February picture. Is that from the 'Edwardian lady's Journal'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't recall ever sending valentine cards as an adult. How awesome is that?

    Your postal service sound similar to ours in U S

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the same here in the U.S. with the Postal service. So inconsistent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy and blessed February to you and to your house! The second day of February here is called "Lichtmess" - Candlemas. The rule says, that now the day is one hour longer than on Christmas. Is it the same by you? And another rule says here: When we have storm and snow on Candlemas, soon spring will come!
    We have the same weather like you - - We also know the day of Valentin (here on Febr.14th). People send flowers to good friends. It is wise to begin early, when Postal Service is maybe very slowly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice walking in the snow. I stayed inside walking today because ice was hiding under the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Victoria magazine, and get out my old copies ever so often just to browse through. Enjoy your cozy inside rainy days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love valentines, sometime I will mail them to my friends. Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. Sending you a

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Victoria magazine...they're one of my all time favorite magazines! You're lucky you're getting rain......it's all snow and ice here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your postal system sounds a bit like ours!! I hope your cards will arrive safely :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Victoria magazine!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi GM! Do you send a lot of Valentines? That's sweet! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. At .25 each, those magazines are a pile of inexpensive entertainment. And then you can just donate them back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great haul of Victoria magazines!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Victoria magazines are beautiful ones.
    The mail here is just about the same!

    ReplyDelete