Saturday 22 April 2023

Books and Blooms

 

 

I've mentioned that I'm going through my collection of children's books and then donating them in the hopes that children still read!  An author whose books I am now going through is Jean Little. She wrote over 50 books in her lifetime, mainly for young readers I'd say between 10 and 14. She herself was blind and many of her books feature children with physical disabilities  or facing difficult personal circumstances. I just finished Willow and Twig and I highly recommend  it for all ages. Willow and Twig's mother is a drug addict and they live a precarious life until they find their grandmother and go to live with her.  Jean Little died on April 6, 2020 at the age of 88.


 

You can hardly see it but there's a tiny bird on the very top of my latest bouquet..


I hope you're having a lovely weekend and that wherever you are the sun is shining.  We are having yet another damp day. We've had 18 days so far this month with measurable precipitation.   At least it isn't SNOW.

Thanks for visiting,   GM


picture from the internet


11 comments:

  1. We had snow flurries this morning. They didn't stick and it's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow, but only 25F tonight.
    I'm really tired of the cold and snow this year.
    Piper reads all of the time. She has lots and lots of books. We have read to her at bedtime every single night since she was born and now she reads to herself after we read a short book together. Everyone in our family are avid readers except our DIL in Montana. I love books.
    Take care and stay warm.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book! I read some of Jean Little's books when I lived in Canada 🇨🇦 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Granny, Love your beautiful flowers and the book sounds interesting! We have had snow every day lately and temperatures too cold to melt anything, but I have faith that Spring will eventually come to our part of the world. Just need to be patient for a while yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post and the bouquet is just amazing!
    Have a Happy Sunday :)
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute tiny bird!
    It's raining even now as I type...Oh well, we need it.
    Happy Sunday!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bouquet is lovely!!
    The book sounds like a good one.
    Turned cool here today, mostly cloudy and a few rain sprinkles every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bouquet is lovely. I've never heard of that book but sounds good. We are having a lovely Sunday. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a lovely bouquet, with a lovely bird! I really hope children still read books. I have been a book lover since I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ... my grandchild reads a lot ... I'm happy about it.
    A beautiful bouquet of flowers.
    We had a great weekend, but today it's raining again, which is good for the fields :-)))
    I wish you a happy week. Viola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful bouquets of flowers! Love the daffodils on the platter. My children read some of Jean Little's books - once my son came to me in tears saying, "why didn't you tell me it would be so sad?" I can't remember which one that was.
    I'm looking forward to a week of warming temperatures. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely bouquet. I should do the same with my children’s book and donate them, but it is difficult for some of them especially Peter Rabbit ones

    ReplyDelete