Wednesday 26 April 2023

Geese and Flowers

 We were caught in an unexpected shower on our morning walk. A lot of others were as well!  I think by noon it will have cleared up and we'll see the sun.

Remember that very first goose family of this year? There were 3 goslings then 2 then sadly, only one.
It has really grown!


Now there's a second little goose family; we counted 7 babies. Papa goose was being very vigilant and I didn't risk getting any closer.


I know I've shown this twisted old Weeping Willow many times but I never get tired of seeing it. I dread the day it gets too heavy and topples over.
 

The Daffodils we got on Monday have opened and fill the house with their lovely scent as do the Hyacinths that I got.  They were marked down to 3 for $5.  When they are done I'll plant them outside so they can grow and bloom for years to come.
 


Thanks for visiting,

GRANNY M.


 

15 comments:

  1. I love the fluffy little goslings. Wishing good health to the goose family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful flowers!!
    We had three geese at the ranch and they disappeared one day recently. I don't really miss them as they were so annoying and so LOUD! I had to carry a stick to wave at them to keep them from nipping at me. Once they were following Louis Dean and almost caused him to sing soprano - if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see the goslings, I hope they do well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad about the baby geese. Hopefully this last one will survive. I haven't seen any babies here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such pretty daffodils! They are already past blooming out doors now, am seeing lots of tulips! sad about the goslings! hope the 7 in the other family survive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH the little geese! What an adorable moment you caught with your camera!
    We have the same flowers like you show here and now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daffodils and hyacinths are just beautiful! I love the scent they give off. and love the little geese too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And, with your green thumb, I am sure they will grow and bloom for years to come. They are beautiful. I love the little goslings..

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don’t have wild geese here but when we go to the Netherlands I love to hear them they are a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful (and impressively large) Weeping Willow! I am envious that you find such deals as 3/$5.00 for the potted spring bulbs! I love hyacinths but being scent sensitive, I can't have them in the house. Unfortunately our winters are too cold for them to successfully grow here.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww...the baby! And the blooms are gorgeous!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty flowers! Nature can be tough on little goslings:(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear about the goslings but the new little family is sure cute! Pretty flowers too.
    BLessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so love weeping willows, too. There is something about them that has appealed to me since I was a child.

    ReplyDelete