Thursday 13 April 2023

Thursday Chit Chat

 Yesterday was a mostly sunny day that began with ice on the windshield but by afternoon the temperature had risen to plus 14 C.  I think the sunshine must have inspired me because I got a lot done. I baked cinnamon buns and bran muffins, got 2 scrapbook pages done ( they were about our mini kitchen reno), and puttered outside mainly looking for Chickweed and pulling it out before it could set seed.   Today also began with a temperature of minus 1* but the humidity is very low so no frost/ice on the windshield.  We've begun driving to the lake because as we get older we're both finding it hard to walk to the lake then all around and back home. Not that it's that far but obviously it's gotten to be too much. 


 I only have a few clumps of Daffodils and I noticed that one bunch had a few that were falling over so I brought them in.

Back to bran muffins. I never used to like them much then I found that by using oat bran instead of wheat bran I liked them much more. I add raisins and dried cranberries to make them even better. I find a bran muffin to be a very satisfying snack in the middle of my morning.

Better get a few things done around here.  Thanks for taking the time to visit.   GM




13 comments:

  1. It's hard to stay ahead of the weeds around here. Longer days and lots of sunshine are definitely giving me more energy It's good that you have such a wonderful place to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope it gets warmer weather soon where you live. Hopefully, the sun will shine and more flowers will bloom. Wishing you a beautiful spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like oat bran muffins too but haven't had any in quite a long time. I use oat bran too.
    Will have to make them again one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, also for me the walking-ways in the forest - very beautiful and refreshing - become shorter...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can identify with having to drive to your walk.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just had our ZOOM Bible study with our friends in Spokane and they said it was 29F there this morning. BRRRR. Much like you. We had 89F today, 86 predicted for tomorrow and the high Saturday? 46F!!!! Yes, forty degrees lower. I know we'll have storms when that front comes through. The weather guys are already predicting them.
    I've never cared for bran muffins, but maybe, like you, it's teh wrong kind of bran?
    Enjoy your Friday.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are continually pulling weeds here!! Love your 'age' graphic today. I haven't been out walking a goodly distance in so long...much needed exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are enjoying sunny days. Here we are having a rainy day that is washing away alot of the leftover snow from last week's heavy snowfall. It's a good day to stay put inside and sort through papers and the like. There is a used book sale starting tonight so I am hoping to find some to replenish my almost empty shelf. I think the wonderful smell of your cinnamon buns is wafting over here as I've now got a craving for some, however they will have to wait as my oven is temporarily filled with 3 racks of seeded annuals waiting in the warmth therein to germinate.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  9. When we went on the long week end I had to walk 11 km and I was very tired at night. I was a good walker but after my back surgery it’s quite different and aging is not helping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We used to have a discount bakery that sold raisin bran muffins and they were delicious. The bakery has since closed and I've tried making them at home but they aren't as tasty so I gave up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WE like bran muffins and they freeze well too. Chick weed is a bad weed, the little seeds go all over:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aging yes...the last words/poem is so true. Have a lovely day and take care!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness, but that sounds cold! The perfect day for baking. Any kind of bran muffin is good in my book, and I have made plenty with wheat or oat, but not for many years. Maybe I will change that this month, when some of my family are visiting. I'm sure they would appreciate some muffins.

    ReplyDelete