Monday 25 March 2024

Swedish Apple Pie and Tiny Cakes

 

 Our weather has gone back to cool and cloudy. Besides the usual Monday laundry I thought I'd try a recipe for Swedish Apple Pie.  The first picture is the one from Pinterest, where I first saw it.


 This is what mine looks like :(    There wasn't enough topping to cover the entire top and what there was was quite thick and hard to spread over the sliced apples.  I'm sure it will taste fine but I do wish my baking would look better.


 Someone who has a talent for making food that is both tasty and looks wonderful is my DIL "B" .
Her latest creations are these tiny Pistachio-flavoured cakes decorated with icing "succulents".  The time and painstaking effort to create these little (4 inch) masterpieces astonishes me. Incidentally, they taste as good as they look.


 



How has your Monday been?  Hard to believe this is the last week of March!  I'm ready for April and hopefully warm and sunny days.

Thanks for coming by,  GM
 

17 comments:

  1. Wow they ARE little master pieces.
    I'm sure your pie tastes great if not looking perfect. The taste is what matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The taste is what matters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your selfmade applepie looks delicious!! I really smell the apples! MMMMMMM!

    The funy "artwork-cakes" I never saw before! I cannot imagine, how they taste, but I trust on you ! :)

    I'm also astonished about time running so very fast!


    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of frosting, but they are little masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pie looks yummy! Boy that gal can sure decorate little cakes...it is an art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes the things that turn out not looking so great are the best tasting! Your DIL is very talented, the cupcakes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Swedish apple pie looks like it tasted good and that's the important part. Your DIL did a great job on those little cakes. Such patience and attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Swedish apple pie looks delish! And aren't those beautiful little cakes fun?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your pie is delicious. It sure looks like it to me. Your daughter is sure a talented lady. Those cakes are gorgeous.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi GM - oh yes, your Swedish Apple Pie looks delicious - I'd love to be able to cook something like this. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your DIL did a wonderful job!
    I am sure the Swedish apple must be good. I will bake an apple pie this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll bet your apple pie tasted yummy.
    Your DIL's cakes are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so impressed by those "succulent" cupcakes - I personally do not have that kind of patience for fiddly stuff like that but I do certainly appreciate those who do! They look amazing! I'm sure your Swedish apple pie was delicious. I find my finished products rarely look like the photos that are posted! Like you, I am anxious for April to arrive.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your daughter-in-law B definitely has a talent and patience for decorating cakes! Reminds me of my daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure the apple pie was delicious...it's all in the taste!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your dil B has a knack all right. To pretty to eat. All the flowers are lovely and so welcome this time of year. Happy Easter GM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your dil's creations are too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete