Saturday 2 March 2024

First Saturday in March

 


 March came in like a lion here, with wind and showers yesterday. This morning was overcast but we had a lovely walk   Now it's afternoon and it's snowing!


I've been baking... cinnamon buns and also chocolate muffins. I'm very low on icing sugar and when I did the shopping I saw the price was almost twice what I paid last time so I didn't buy any. The internet tells me I can put regular sugar in the blender and get it fine enough to be used as icing sugar,  In spite of my efforts the sugar didn't get to the same texture and the icing I made is a little gritty.  I'm sure no one will complain :)

It's been a quiet week. All the usual things got done in the house and outside a little more power washing  got done. We're all waiting for warm sunshine to do more. I thought of transplanting the Primroses into the ground....the ones that I bought about a month ago.  After having them in the house I moved them to the unheated porch where they wait for the nights to stop dipping below freezing.

I hope you're having a pleasant weekend.  Thanks for taking the time to visit .,

14 comments:

  1. Hope you are having a good day, Granny. 🌷

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cinnamon buns and chocolate muffins do sound good! Our weather has been unseasonably warm for winter this year, I guess due to el nino. or so they say. Although I do have to wonder if somebody is monkeying with the weather patterns? We've had basically no snow all winter and last year we set new records for snowfall! Hope Spring comes your way soon so you can get planting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just when it looks like it might get sunny, a snow shower blows through. That's march!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and peaceful view of the lake! Thanks for sharing it. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow! We finally have sun this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a nice March, hopefully it will bring spring and warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. March came in like a lion and out like a lamb all in the same day here! Lovely sunny warm-ish morning and windy, cold, rainy afternoon! Mother Nature surely cannot make up her mind this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard that icing sugar can be made that way also....there must be some secret to it. I have not tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried that trick with sugar, athough I have heard about it. The muffins and rolls sure sound delicious though. We've had lovely weather so far in March except strong, strong winds. Hardly any snow so far this winter which is just fine with me but the farmers need the moisture in the fields. Rain would be fine. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the opposite here. Feb. went out like a lion, but March came in like a lamb. Supposed to be 19°C tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The price of groceries in general make me ill I swear! Your bakin sounds delicious. We are a lovely warm day today but temps going down tomorrow
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all are waiting for some sunshine with warm feelings! May we have a blessed March! Here we had two warm days - incredible, how light!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like your March has kicked in! Oh the weather here is so fickle. How to dress for the day is the question! LOL! Happy March sweet lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. We were forecast to have snow over the weekend, but it didn't happen...which was fine by me. Temperatures yesterday were in the 60s and today they are to be in the 70s. The sun is shining and I love it!

    ReplyDelete