Monday 19 August 2024

Digging up the Street

 

Terrible pictures but I didn't want to go outside and be too obvious that I was taking pictures. This is the scene right in front of our house as the workers replace the water pipes down the middle of the street and off to each individual home. We built the fence and lattices knowing full well that we were a couple of feet onto city property. It remains to be seen how they will deal with our "obstructions".


 

It was a chilly 13C (55F) when we left on our walk this morning. Sunny sky and a high of 24 predicted. Perfect weather. AND we had a good rain on the weekend. We're so thankful ( and so are all our plants, I'm sure).

I tried a new recipe. Lemon/Raspberry scones. Well, I read a few recipes on the internet and figured out how I could tweak my regular scone recipe to create the lemon and raspberry kind. It was easy and they look much like the ones on line.  Here are mine (yes, those are my ordinary scones on the right. DH's favourites)

These are the ones shown on the recipe Ridiculously Easy Lemon- Raspberry Scones. I didn't use that recipe. It called for cream which I didn't have in the house. I just added lemon extract and thawed raspberries to my usual recipe. The glaze makes  such a difference. It consists of icing sugar and lemon juice.
Tasty treats for my coffee breaks this week.


Thanks for visiting




20 comments:

  1. Those scones look very good!
    I hope the city workers leave your lattice and fence in place. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scones look great. Tom is a scone fan and he would love them. I have gained too much weight lately so I will not be tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound delicious - I will have to give them a try (would never have thought of raspberries and lemon together!). Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scones look wonderful! I trust that there won't be a problem when the water line people come to your property. Please keep us updated.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scones look delicious! Lemon and raspberry are a wonderful combination of flavours. I hope the street work goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to watch the workers. :). Oh those scones look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to take one of the fine cakes and eat and then take a second one! The look delicious and I can imagine the taste.
    They make terrible noise and dust in your street! I hope your garden will be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, those buns look delicious. The addition of lemon makes them with a nice airy crumb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope they deal gently with your 'obstructions'....your Pumpkin Pi quote made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you will update us as to the fate of your front fence & lattice. Will you be inconvenienced for long with the construction work? Your scones look wonderful! And I sure chuckled when I read your little saying about "pumpkin pi". Too funny.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lemon and raspberry scones sounds pretty good 😊 makes a change with the icing. I put this lemon icing on my lemon cake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope they will leave your pretty fence alone! But it's good that they're replacing the water lines, I suppose :) The scones looks AMAZING -- love a lemon glaze!! Looking at your baking put me in an autumn mood, plus your temps there. 55!! I can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, sure hope they're able to leave your fence and trellis. What a shame it will be if you loose them. The scones look delicious, sure would be nice to have one with my coffee this morning. YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please do give us an update soon; I am waiting in suspense about your fence! In the meantime, I might bake some scones, inspired by yours that are making my mouth water. All the baked goods I had in the house today was a few pretzel sticks!

    Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to make scones for an after school snack for my girls when they were in school a long time ago. I usually used currants:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pumpkin Pi...Lolol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hopefully, all will be fine after the water project is finished. The scones look delicious. My granddaughter has been making scones which is new to me. I had no idea that they are boiled in water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you perhaps confusing scones and bagels? I have heard that bagels are boiled then baked but never scones.

      Delete
  18. I love the flavor combination of lemon and blueberry...but have not tried lemon with some raspberry but it does sound delicious! I think I need to try some today:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. And now my mouth is watering for a scone. I love glaze made with lemon juice and powdered sugar! The tangy sweetness is just divine! xoxo

    ReplyDelete