Sunday 20 October 2024

Birthdays, Full Moon, and a Calendar

 It seems like such a long time since I last posted. That might be because I've been doing very little as I sit with ice on my foot and wait for it to get better.  I walk around with a cane but try to sit and keep my foot propped up. Seems I did more harm than I thought. The timing was bad as we were on our way to Sheila's when it happened ( I went anyway.  I was not going to miss Thanksgiving with my family.)
Then that same week we celebrated Youngest son's birthday on Thursday and Eldest daughter the next day. Yes, I managed to have them 12 years and one day apart!

Both of them requested Bienenstich as their birthday cakes which was so easy. There's a lovely little restaurant locally that makes them and you can buy them frozen which is so convenient.  Are you familiar with Bienenstich?  It's a German cake which consists of two layers of cake with a layer of fluffy cream filling. It has a topping of almonds and honey.

 


 


 


Then we had the October full moon on an almost clear night.  (I didn't take this picture).


Do you use an actual calendar or just rely on your phone?  I couldn't manage without a calendar on which I put all the year's birthdays, anniversaries, appointments, etc... 
Sheila gave me this one for 2025.


I hope to get back on track with posting every 2 days as I mostly manage to do. Thank you all for the prayers and wishes for my foot. 

Thanks for visiting,  GM

 

No comments:

Post a Comment