Saturday 12 October 2024

Gardening and a Recipe

 

 Friday morning brought my helpers here to cut down the lavender and roses. I know the roses will need another cutting down in Spring but for now the long stragglers have been shortened.  So thankful for all their help.


 The city workers have finally finished digging up our street and also replaced our water meter. They left the site where they dug quite smoothed over and we still had some mulch to cover it.

Last but not least my sister sent me a recipe for an unbaked Peanut Butter/Chocolate square which turned out very well and has been tested by husband who quite liked it.  I'll include the recipe in case you  want to make it.  Thanks, C.

 

No Bake Chocolate/Peanut Butter bars

1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar

Melt in a saucepan then add:

3 cups oatmeal
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla  ( I left it out)

Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Press 1/2  into 8X8 pan  ( she said she'd make it in
a bigger pan next time so I used my 7X11 pan)


Filling:

1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter

Melt in microwave, When melted and smooth
spread onto oatmeal base. Top with remaining oatmeal mixture.
Refrigerate.


This recipe is gluten free

 

Almost forgot to add that today, October 12, is my blogaversery.  13 years.

Thanks for visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment