Monday 7 October 2024

Laundry and a Sunday Walk

 


 
I don't hang very many clothes on my clothesline any more. I have shrunk a couple of inches and have to stand on something in order to access the line :)   Nevertheless I still like to use it for heavy jeans and such. On a breezy day things dry quite quickly but sometimes they still need a few minutes in the dryer to get the wrinkles out. I find that adding vinegar to the rinse cycle helps to lessen wrinkles.  Giving each item a good shake before hanging them up also helps. Do you have any tips to share?

Today is another perfect Autumn day and I'll be going out to putter after I have a rest.
Yesterday was as lovely as today. We walked along a stretch of Discovery Trail near Fish Trap Creek..


Before we left home to drive there I took a picture of the interesting clouds. So pretty.

Something I've been meaning to mention is a site that I like and I think others will as well. I don't know how to post a link but if you search for Nature365 you should find it. There are daily, short (1 minute) nature videos that are very interesting to anyone that enjoys nature.  Let me know if you find it ( and if you like it).

Thanks for coming by,  GM

8 comments:

  1. Those clouds in your photograph are very pretty.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been fabulous here . I don't even have a clothesline anymore- actually I do not think we are permitted to have one in our district. I do hang clothes on hangers or lay it on furniture on our deck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding vinegar I haven't tried it yet Shaking the clothes before hanging is a very good method that I apply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hanging clothes on the line. I use vinegar and shake the clothes, too. That usually takes care of the wrinkles, plus they smell so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool looking clouds. As you probably know I don't even have a clothes dryer so hang all my clothes on the line. I love seeing clothes in the breeze on the line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No clothes line for me, but I have a couple of things hanging to dry in the bathroom.
    I checked out Nature 365. It is quite pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of clothes hanging on the line. There's something about it that is just so cozy and homey. I have a clothesline but I mainly use it for sheets and quilts. I love the smell of sheets dried in the fresh air. No tips for me about wrinkles I just know when there's a good wind you don't get as many wrinkles as when it's a still day.
    The photo you took of the sky, if you turn it upside down looks like bubbles in a bubble bath. Very pretty photo. Wishing you a wonderful week, God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the clouds were fabulous...I always shake my clothes out whether hanging out to dry or throwing in the dryer. I did like the video site. I only watched a couple but they are something I will probably return to when I have time.

    ReplyDelete