Saturday 27 June 2020

Morning Walk








It's a much cooler day than what we've had this past week. The forecast is for showers so we carried umbrellas on our walk but never opened them.   There was a breeze and there were ripples on the lake.  For some reason I had a hard time making it around today. Who knows why energy differs from day to day.





In some areas the lake is once again almost packed with water lilies.


This very small bunny didn't seem afraid of us at all.   We saw other rabbits but they had the shaggy look of older ones, losing some of their winter fur.


Nothing much is happening around here.  I did pick up the books that I requested at the library. One can't go into the building so you show your library card through the window, they fetch your books and carefully put them out the door onto a little table. When they go back in you can step forward and pick up your books.

Thanks for coming by,  G.M.

15 comments:

  1. Lots of lillies and the sweet little rabbit is darling too. They do the same thing at our library. I've given up getting library books until this is over. I've been doing most of my reading on my kindle.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lake full of water lillies must be so beautiful when they open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bunnies! We went on a walk yesterday and saw a little one cross the street but I didn't have my camera with me. So many lily pads! Are they a pervasive weed? Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lilies clog up the surface and canoes and small boats can't really get through. (Any bigger boats are not allowed).
      Any efforts made in the past to get them under control have failed.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I see in the photos, that the weather is not hot but cool in your region! Look the water-lilies! Thousand! A fairytale! Also the bunny. So sweet and really not afraid!

    Hope you will find some good books - - books can be good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that sure is a lot of lily pads!!
    Your weather sounds like ours. We are now having thunder storms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a beautiful walk! I wish we had spaces here for walks like these! (but its way too hot and dusty hehe)

    Life is a Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos of the ;lake covered in lily pads. One of my favorite childhood memories involves being in a rowboats among the lily pads. They are absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the energy stakes! Sometimes I can walk for ages and other days I don't get far at all.
    The lake looks like a marvelous place for going for a leisurely wander :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had rain yesterday...at times a LOT. Wish I was seeing those water lilies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lot of waterlilies. Do you see frogs in there too?
    The bunny is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lot of water lilies. Great system at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those water lilies are so pretty! We have had a bunny prancing around for a while now. I see him most often late afternoons. We've had lots of rain but none in the last two days. It is so stinking hot and humid right now. I hope your week is wonderful dear GM. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the same problem with varying energy levels. I think sometimes I overdo the walking. Other times I try to eat more foods with iron or protein. It's all a guessing game, lol. How long is your walk? I sometimes get to my halfway point and wish I didn't have to walk all the way back, ha ha! Pretty lilypads! :)

    ReplyDelete