Sunday 7 June 2020

Sunday Afternoon






Sorry, but this picture is off the internet although I wish it were here on my table!!

Just popping in to tell you that my Dear Husband's thumb is healing ( I still have managed not to look at it. DIL keeps helping him with the bandaging).
I'm back to walking again but more slowly and paying attention to how I move. Certain movements are not at all comfortable. I think I will have to limit my gardening for the foreseeable future.

I posted last time that DH had picked strawberries. Well, he paid $2.25 a pound while this morning in the grocery store we bought one pound containers of berries for 1.47. Isn't that crazy? There were both Canadian and American berries so we bought some of each to compare. The American ones were tastier. I'm all for buying more of them but my DH says we'll support our local farmers and buy the Canadian ones. Makes sense, I know.  I will make jam this week...maybe I can pull enough rhubard stalks to add. Ours are first year plants and so far the stalks are a bit thin.

Later this afternoon we'll be hosting Dominoes here. I love that we're back to playing together again.

I hope your day includes some fun times.

Thanks for visiting,  GM

13 comments:

  1. It's so nice to get back to some normalcy, isn't it? Glad you hubby's thumb is healing, sounds like you need to rest a bit and heal. Strawberry rhubarb jam sounds delicious... perfect on bread or crackers with tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This roses are a present for you and for your husband to come into best health again!

    Fine, that you support the farms for strawberries in your own country! We also always try to buy products from the region.

    Fine that you can play nice plays together with your family now again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful flower picture! I wish it was on your table too! The strawberries sound delicious as well as the rhubarb ...it always makes such a great combination! How fun that you're hosting Dominoes. I've never played that although I am a game player. We went to church and then to breakfast....the restaurant was filled with people. They even ran out of pancakes! Imagine that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only had my back out one time to where I was miserable...I am glad you can ease back into walking a bit. Glad your hubby's thumb it healing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strawberry season is so short and so wonderful! Ours are just coming ripe. I did buy some at the market - BC Berries. We try to shop Canadian as much as possible. Hope you both feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Playing dominoes is so much fun - I wish more people did it :)
    Hope you are feeling better soon, and that hubby's thumb heals up well. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've harvested rhubarb twice so far and given it all away. Next time I need to process it to freeze so I can make Dennis some goodies next winter.
    I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Iagree with your DH, buy local from small business owners whenever you can.I will not buy produce from other countries, other than Cananda. Oftentimes we have strawberries, and they run about 2.50, or 2/5.00. That is from the grocery. I'm not sure how much it is for the U pick. Dominoes, that does sound fun. Never played that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. On the garlic..Yes, the little pink/purple buds are actually little bulbs.I have one garlic which isn't as big as the others, and hasn't produced a scape yet,I'm going to let it go as well to see what happens. I rather like pink and green together. I have a tea rose which starts out pink,and some very pale green pops in as the rose matures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for hubby's healing!
    I have a few strawberries growing and the ones the birds and bugs don't peck, I eat!
    Take care of that back, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The roses are indeed beautiful GM. So glad to hear your mam's thumb is on the mends. I love strawberries but usually buy them when they go on sale. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Local strawberries for $2.25 lb is amazing! Where was that if I may ask? Just thought I'd mention that you are actually not supposed to pick any rhubarb the first year you have planted it. It needs all those energy producing leaves to build up the root for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope I mentioned that they were U-oick!! W. picked them at Bumbleberry Farms on Huntington.

    ReplyDelete