Thursday 4 June 2020

No Walk Today


My back and hip are still giving me trouble and I didn't feel like I could manage a walk this morning.
I must admit I did more gardening yesterday in the afternoon so that could be the reason the pain was worse today.
 So these pictures were taken yesterday.
 Those first goslings are so big and gawky by now...


Here there are at least three sizes of goslings with 5 adult geese watching over them 


Isn't this little guy cute following along behind?


There are few families of ducks but we chanced upon this one. Looks like the mom ducked her head under the water just as I took the photo.  I like the crazy pattern in the water. I didn't notice that at the time.

And a bunny just for something other than geese and ducks.


DH is back volunteering at Gleaners ( with a limit of  20 or so people allowed  when 50 to 60 was quite normal before the restrictions).  On the way back he stopped to pick 2 small pails of strawberries. They are SO good. I baked an angel food cake this afternoon and you know what we'll be having tomorrow!!
Unfortunately DH managed to cut his thumb  shortly before he came in for supper. I'm not sure if he was at his lathe or a saw but I know I am so very thankful my DIL was  talking to me in the kitchen when he came in holding a rag around his hand.  My stomach did a flip flop at the sight of the bloody rag but DIL calmly bandaged it up.  I didn't look but I'm hoping it didn't need stitches. With waiting at the ER for hours and also the chance of catching something from other patients it seems better to avoid going unless you're having a heart attack. 


 Thanks for visiting,  G.M.


14 comments:

  1. What sweet families of geese and goslings. I like the ducks too. We usually have lots of canadian geese here at the lake but I haven't seen any yet this year. Maybe they've ventured even further north...into Canada! It's only 80 miles away. :-)
    I'm sorry about your husbands thumb and hope the cut isn't too bad. I'm glad your DIL was there too. That angel food cake and strawberries will make it eel much, much better.
    I hope your back and hip are feeling better tomorrow too. More cake should do it! That's my attitude these days anyway.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I wish you best health again! These pains can be really bad!

    It's a present, that you can be happy by seeing the sweet duck-families. Great photos! Though you are in pain you enjoy other people - thank you and blessings to you from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of the baby critters, hoping your DH boo boo doesn't require a trip to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thst smallest Gosling is so cute, but fun to see the whole gang. I hope the bandaging on your hubby's thumb is all he needs. Like you I would not want to be sitting in ER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! Going to the ER has never been so difficult! I hope DH's thumb heals well.
    I hope your back and hip feel better soon. Take it easy. Be lazy. I know that isn't easy for YOU, GM! God be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those strawberries look so good!
    Yeah, that gardening will do you in every time. If I want to walk at all anymore I have to limit my gardening time and take lots of sit down breaks. Be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you couldn't walk and also sorry to hear about DH and his cut thumb.
    Quite a few years ago my step father was using a radial arm saw and cut three of his fingers off even with his pinkie!!!
    Those strawberries sure look good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little goslings are growing up so fast...just like our own youngsters did! I will have to admit to having had to take Tylenol for a few nights after my intensive gardening project. I had a friend who used to say, "No pain, no gain." Well... I definitely should have made some gains. Take care and give it a rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen so many different aged geese together. That little one sure is cute. The strawberries look delicious. Makes me want to make strawberry shortcake. That is one of our favorite desserts. Hope your husband's cut finger isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How is your hip? I've had the sciatica not fun at all. I hope you are feeling better and can resume your walks. GM I only planted 4 garlic, and so don't have enough to freeze, I saw a recipe for pesto.I've been chopping them up and adding them to other things. I planted these in October. I learned not all garlic has scapes, only the hardneck variety. That is what I learned from a tutorial I found on YouTube, I didn't know that. Our scapes came up rather quickly. I have one plant that the scape is not up yet, it is the smaller of the 4 plants.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bird photos are lovely! Take care and don't work too hard in the garden! I hope your husbands thumb heals well. I understand you don't want to go to ER at this time. The strawberries looks so good! I saw in the newspaper that the first was ready here too, but they are so expencive. I will have to wait some weeks until there are more on the market and the prices get lower. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope it won't be long until your back and hip are feeling better. As someone with a "bad back" I feel for you. It's such a bummer when it interferes with our gardening and walking.
    Oh gosh, I hope your husband is alright too. I would have felt the same as you upon seeing all that blood. It is good to have a calm person present at times like that. Glad your DIL was able to lend a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Men! As you know mine cut his finger too, but it is looking better but it really needed stitches.:(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry about his thumb!!! But so many people feel exactly as you do, and they don't go to the ER. So ... the ER is actually easier to get into now (unless you're in some sort of Covid hot zone). I hope it heals on its own!

    ReplyDelete