Friday 20 January 2023

A little Rearranging

 

 Now that the Christmas things are put away it's time to get some pink out for February.


While I was putting away and organizing I came upon this old card that unfolds into a strip of shops. I've had it for many years and it was old when I got it.  I had to use a few pieces of clear tape but it's really in amazing shape.  On the back it says that the card originally came with tiny shopping bags and 10 paper dolls. It's the kind of thing I would have absolutely loved to have as a child.




 

Teacup made by Royal Stafford. The little plates don't actually match the cup but they're close enough.

Thanks for coming by today,   GM


Lately I have been unable to post a comment on various blogs. Today it's Furry Gnome's blog and also Catherine ( My Home & Garden).  I find this quite frustrating.

17 comments:

  1. Love the card of shops. Have never seen anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a romantic pink for the coming February and the special light of this time! I also make the experience, that I find treasures by clearing up the house and rooms ... The series of colored paper-shops is so pretty!! Dori-child also would like to play with.
    The plates for the cup are really okay - - why not some experiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I love that card that unfolds into little shops. I would definitely have had fun with that when I was young. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your old folding card is a real treasure. I, too, would have loved this as a child. Paper dolls were my thing back in those days, and, in a way, still are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paper pop-ups are so cute and something I would have loved as a child, too. A sweet treasure. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look up to see if you're signed in...sometimes happens to me...
    Love the teacup!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely that you have kept such a treasure. It might be very valuable, I'm sure it is to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the calming effect of the pink decor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your old folding card is lovely.
    I like the pink look for February.

    Blogger often causes problems with commenting, it is very frustrating.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi GM- I do like your Card Shops - an excellent array- so detailed. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love that card!! As a little girl, it would have been a treasure for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi GM! I love that card, too! xoPom Pom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I do love that beautiful display of cards. That would have been right up my alley to have that! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. The card into little shops is so adorable. What a wonderful little find.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea the shops are, and it made me feel a bit nostalgic. I know paper dolls are meant to be for children, but I would love to have a little set of them to "play" with again :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The card is very nice I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I would have loved the card too, back when I was a child. It still looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete