Wednesday 4 January 2023

My Day

 Good Morning!  The week is going by so fast, hard to believe it's already Wednesday.  What I want to accomplish today is to put away the Christmas cards, dust the living room, make up my grocery list
( the sale flyers come out today), and do a post. So here goes...

Last week while shopping I found the glaced fruit that I use for Christmas cake and also scones, on sale for less than half price. I know it lasts a long time and doesn't need to be refrigerated so I stocked up.
I've never tried a store-bought fruit cake and since they were marked down from $8 to $2 I bought a dark and a light one. The dark one is fairly moist and tasty but the light one is disappointing. Now I know.


 We had a lovely walk again. The sky was just beginning to lighten up and the mountains were silhouetted against the pink and peach. So lovely. I never take a sunrise for granted. In summer I'm not up when it happens and in the other seasons we have so many cloudy days where we can't see it.
A lovely bonus on our walk were 3 swans that had just taken off and flew overhead!

Ellabie and Margaret both wondered whether I had a favourite tea. Yes, I'm very much an Earl Grey person. If my DH is going to have tea too then I make Lemon/Ginger tea which we both like. He definitely doesn't like Early Grey).

Today's teacup is another Japanese one. I like its 4 tiny feet.


 Thanks for visiting today,  GM

16 comments:

  1. Earl Grey seems to be a tea that you either love or hate, nothing in between. I'm on the like side, but usually opt for Lady Grey as I generally prefer my tea to be weak and it isn't as strong as Earl Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a fruitcake person and didn't know that there was a dark and a light version. I might like the dark one as I think I've only ever had a light one. Good sale on the fruit too... I love the after Christmas grocery sales! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love morning walks watching the sunrise! Best time of the day.
    Not really a fan of fruit cake and can't even remember the last time I had a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We finished emptying the shelves of Christmas today. All of the tubs are ready to go into the attic. The Santas were last to go. We still have a little house cleaning to do tomorrow.
    I don't drink tea often, but when I do, it's now lemon ginger. I no longer care for Earl Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cup/saucer!!

    Ohhhh, to have swans fly overhead would certainly make MY day!!!! Lucky you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I showed my daughter your teacup collection and she immediately spotted the red cup, top shelf, fourth from the left. It tickled me she replied so fast, I love them all and can't pick a favorite! Hope you got everything you wanted to do today done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did find some great sales didn't you? I am ambivilent about fruitcake. I've had some that I love and some, eh, not so much. Our DIL brings us little mince pies every year when they come for Thanksgiving. I think they bought 8 boxes of them and we at them all! I also think she bought them at Sainsbury's in London, but I could be wrong. I don't like any mince pies I've had here in the state, but I could gobble the ones she brings us down in one meal if I could get away with it!
    I like fairly weak tea and although I do drink Earl Grey, I think I would prefer the Lady Grey that At Home in New Zealand mentioned. I didn't know there was such a thing. Maybe I'll look for it in London next week.
    Have a lovely Thursday!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Just stopping by to see how you are doing! Fruitcake can be dicey — we used to make them and there was so much apricot brandy on them there was no way they could be dry! Haha! Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun teacup! We are similar in tea preferences and so are our husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ginger-tea is my favourite! You are so right, that you say, every sunrise is unique. I like the photo with the beautiful cup, the deer and the church with trees. O yes, time is running! -

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you can make lots of scones! I am not fond of fruitcake, I do like a cup of plain tea...Liptons:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so agree that we should never take a sunrise for granted. It really is the most beautiful time of the day. We bought three dark fruit cakes off the clearance rack for $1.00 each. Hubby likes them but I can’t eat them like most sweets 🙁hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not found of Earl grey too I just have English breakfast. Swans are beautiful and big when they fly .
    I like your Japanese tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've scored some great deals, both with the glaced fruit and the fruitcake. I have not seen either of those marked down on clearance here as, like you, I would definitely have tried a fruitcake. Hubby bought some Halvah last week as he hadn't received any for Christmas but that's something I can't stand. Makes me shudder to think of eating it. My Christmas decor and cards have all been put away now too, not that we receive many Christmas cards anymore. By the way do you sweeten your tea and if so, with sugar or with honey?
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your description of your walk is lovely. I'm not an Early Grey person, but my husband is. Too strong for me. My new favorite tea is Yorkshire Gold, which is a little hard to find here.

    ReplyDelete