Saturday 14 January 2023

Cats and Cleaning Up

 I'm starting today's post with some sweet pics of GD Kate's kitties, Remington and Ruger.   Ruger, of course, is Miss Kitty's offspring and one of the gentlest of kitties. I'm glad those two get along so well.



 What's really on my mind these days is tidying up. I'm pretty good at keeping the house tidy but I have to keep at it and I want to have less "stuff".  I'll never be a minimalist. I like pretty things, useful things,sentimental things, but I need to keep purging, de-cluttering.  This week Eldest Daughter brought me a box of scrapbook paper and a bag of assorted jewelry bits to go through with the idea that whatever I didn't want would go to the thrift store. I sorted through the paper quite quickly but making decisions about the jewelry bits was harder. I finally decided that I'd keep a few pieces inside but most of the ones I liked and wanted to keep would be hung outside once the weather warms up. Needless to say I have a big box waiting to be taken to the thrift store soon!!  



That's what I'm doing today. I took the tree down earlier in the week. I had intended to keep it up longer but one morning I woke up with the motivation to deal with it so I did. 

I hope you're having a lovely weekend. It's quite mild here today, 10C just past noon.  When we walked at 7 the lake was almost hidden by mist. It was lovely but eerie. 

Today's teacup



Granny M


15 comments:

  1. I began a big push for decluttering before the holidays and intend to continue throughout this year. I also need to go through picture files, deleting and organizing, then saving. There is always so much to do! I love the kitty pictures. I go over to my granddaughters regularly to get some kitty love. One of the kittens is now an inside kitty, but the other two are barn kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of the cats are so cute. They look like best friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet cat-friendship!! It's really not self-evident, that cats are friends! Congratulation! What a blessing! The Lord is holding His hands over you!

    O! I also try to clean up my room, my painting-room! Paintings from 30 years in a small room!! That is very interesting and it costs a lot of time to think about each detail. I can understand you very good. I love the sentence: "I'll never be a minimalist. I like pretty things, useful things,sentimental things, but I need to keep purging, de-cluttering." me is the same, really! :)
    The orange cup is beautiful. I also like the withe cat made of glass in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do some more sorting and reducing too. Maybe I'll survey the job next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had lots of fog here this morning. It was beautiful but kind of depressing when it stayed around much of the day. I keep forgetting to tell you how much your new header photo makes me smile. I love all of the beautiful teacups and the paint color on the cabinet is just perfect.
    Since we've moved three times in the last year and a half, I've gotten rid of so much "stuff". The apartment is still full to the brim and I probably should declutter even more but I'm down to the really needed or really sentimental things now and it's much, much harder.
    Take care and enjoy your Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, l❤️VE those kitty pictures. And decluttering is a chore, but a necessary one I think.

    A walk in the misty morning sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been donating stuff for months now...slowly.. I've gotten the majority done. Such a big relief.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would agree GM, I'm not a minimalist. But I do have items. I've got another box in the ready to go. I've pared things down quite a bit and it is more agreeable to find things. Broken it down to fabric, soap & candle, yarn along with seasonal boxes which have also been consolidated and or pared down. I've lightened to load quite a bit, and am more selective when I buy anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The kitties look so comfortable all cuddled together. I'll never be a minimalist either. I also like pretty things, sentimental things, and things I love. I find it hard to purge and declutter, but ever so often it has to be done. Once again, love that teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those sweet kitties! At first I thought this post would be about cleaning up 'kitty' things - like litter boxes and scattered litter - and I was going to be all ears!
    I love the bits and pieces of jewelry.....so you will be hanging them up outside? What a clever idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can totally relate to feeling the need to lighten the load. It's a fine balance that I'm continually working on as I like things to "play" with too.
    The kitties are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cats are so sweet! I am also cleaning up and this time try to sell some things on the net. Your tea cup colour is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am TRYING to be more of a minimalist! January is a good month for this de-cluttering, or it seems that it *should* be... Well, at least I have made a start. I'm glad to hear others talking about it; it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a gorgeous teacup with that deep salmon color. The jewelry is pretty too. When you hang it up outside, share pics of that -- it sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete