Monday 12 June 2023

My Messy Herb Bed and More

When I come out the back door I have many of my plants in pots right there.  Several pots have mint, the concrete urn has thyme, other pots just have succulents. The old lawn swing still waits for someone to sit for a while.



 This area is a jumble of Foxglove, Hollyhocks, Feverfew, Chives, Parsley, and other plants that I no longer remember their names.  There are 2 Clematis growing under the small window.

This is the same area last week,  before I cut the Chives down. Oh yes, there are tomatoes in there as well. 

On the other side of the path things aren't any  less of a jumble. Hidden in all the greenery is where my girls discovered the Winter Savory which I put in 2 years ago and thought it had died. There's more Thyme on this side and Rosemary.

Winter Savory ready to tie in little bunches and freeze.


As you can see I am unable to keep my herb/flowerbeds in any kind of order. For a person who can't abide mess inside I manage to live quite comfortably with it outside.

If you're still here....thanks for visiting.   GM

15 comments:

  1. I love your garden! It's full and lovely...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it only looks messy to you. Are you picky? I am too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed this visit to your herb garden. I know how easy it is for them to get jumbled. I just dug up half of my thyme and oregano as it was growing into the blueberries and I couldn't find a spot for the basil plant to go. How fun to find the winter savory in amongst your plants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna is right!!!
    I also want to say, that I love your garden. The plants can communicate together and with you in a wonderful mode. More order would maybe kill the living style...
    I see you have a lot of sun - - we, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have quite a variety of plants and herbs. I think it all looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like a messy inside either but outside sometimes is a bit wild:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! It looks happy and healthy and full of flavor and beauty.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Granny I love the look of everything outside your house. I would love to wander around there looking at all the wonderful things you have planted. What do you do with the winter savory? It all looks great to me and so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing your yard and plants, messy or not, you have a knack for making plants grow. I call it a 'green thumb' my granddaughter has one. I've often said I need her to come breathe on my plants!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely, MJ! I love the jumble of herbs, and clearly the herbs love it too :) Some plants thrive on being forgotten for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a lovely assortment of herbs! I love seeing glimses of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Messy" has a bad connotation, and I am reluctant to accept that word to describe your beautiful and abundant garden. I don't think it would look nearly as attractive if it were tidier. The plants look at home and they no doubt like being close to one another <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for offering to send my Mom a card that is very thoughtful of you! She calls my blog nonsense...so she would not understand how kind bloggers are. Thank you anyway I appreciate the gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like a jumbled garden. It is full of life and abundance. Herbs are fun to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mine is messy too! It is difficult with mint growing everywhere and chives even growing in our concrete path.

    ReplyDelete