Friday 23 June 2023

New Plants and Teddy Bears

 After a few days of cool showery weather we're back to sunny and warm.  Yesterday I thought I'd bake a cake while the kitchen was still relatively cool. It was just a lemon cake from a mix but served with strawberries and Cool Whip it was lovely.  Oh yes, we went berry picking yesterday. Unfortunately we didn't realize that the season was almost over. We were able to pick a small (ice cream size) pail  of not very big berries. Nevertheless they were tastier than the ones we had from the grocery store earlier this month.

We also went to Walmart to see if they had marked down their plants and they had. I chose 2 more Clematises, a Hosta I didn't have, and a Daylily also a new one to me.  Isn't she a beauty? Her name is Frans Hals. I had to put her into a pot because I'm out of ground space.  The Hosta will also go into a pot but I have ground space for the Clematises.


When it got uncomfortably warm (hot) out I came in and "played" with my Teddy Bears. They  and their dishes etc. need dusting from time to time and that's what I did.  The tiny cookies are actually "Danishes"...treats for Bunnies.

 





 Thanks for visiting,   GM


15 comments:

  1. Playing with bears is a good too warm day activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are spectacular! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such beautiful flowers and obviously have a green thumb too. I always enjoy seeing your teddy bears and those danishes are just too cute. :-) I hope your Saturday is wonderful!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frans is truly appealing -- and your bears look happy with their treats, and their space freshly dusted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful flowers! First I meant, the fire-one are Lilies..
    Frans Hals is a famous artist, living in the 17th century. Why are the flowers called with his name? Maybe he made a painting with these Clematis..
    The teddybears are so sweet. What a nice place they have!


    Frans Hals: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frans_Hals

    ReplyDelete
  6. You remind me to get to Walmart to check on the prices! Thank you!
    Love what you purchased and the tiny cookies are so sweet! Love the bears!
    Happy weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to get new plants for your garden. I used to have the Frans Hals daylily but in my effort to "downsize", it was eliminated as I have another one very similar which is called "Hoosier Autumn Day", same color combination but it has a more circular recurved flower.than the Frans Hals. I too have run out of room and still have 5 cannas that will have to stay growing in pots. What variety of clematis did you get? Our strawberry season is in full swing now but the price has gone up substantially. They are charging $25 for a prepicked pail but if one goes to pick on the field, there's no guarantee that you'll get in even if you are there to line up way before opening time.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your teddy bears! And your finds at the garden store. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers are beautiful and the bears so CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Day Lily is goreous! It will be wonderful seeing it come back each year and multiply :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful new flowers. I love Teddy Bears myself and got a few. Love the tiny biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aren't Walmart rescue plants great? I got my friendly check out lady to mark down a pack of impatiens to $1 recently. Your bears at tea are so adorable. They remind me of the Little Bear books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful flowers! your bears and their dishes and treats are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If only I could be patient enough to wait until now to buy plants at half price. Those sweet bears seem to be enjoying their tea time. I love how you have them dressed up.

    ReplyDelete