Thursday 28 September 2023

Super Moon and Baking

 

 


 The final supermoon of 2023 will shine in the sky tonight as September comes to a close. September's full moon, also known as the harvest moon, will be the last of four consecutive supermoons.

 It's been a rainy day and I doubt we'll see the moon tonight, maybe tomorrow, if we're lucky.

In the kitchen this week I've been busy. I made a pear and apple cake......


....as well as baked Mozzarella sticks. They tasted great but looked less than spectacular. That is a problem I often have with my baking.  Tastes good but looks nothing like the lovely photo. I served them on toasted baguette slices with pickles on the side.


This is what the recipe showed.

Today I baked cheese buns which I'll serve with the Split Pea soup that is simmering away .

That was my day.  Thanks for visiting,  GM

 


 


13 comments:

  1. Your cooking is sounding very autumnal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AS long as it tasted good, I am always skeptical of photos of food:( Mine never look like the photos either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your soup and cheese buns sounds delish.....I'll be right over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All looks good! I like cheese buns with tomato soup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think yours look very tasty! Food photos are not real, they have all sorts of things added, like varnish to make things shjny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure wish you were doing the cooking at our house! It all looks and sounds delicious. My food never looks like those pictures either, but usually tastes okay.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The soup and cheese buns sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both things sound yummy.
    We had sunshine today, hope you get some tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that sounds so good soup etc! The mozzarella sticks you made actually look quite tasty! And I can tell by looking at the pretty plate with cake that it was delicious! Perfect with a cup of tea! I hope to make soup again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your cheese dish looks lovely! My food never turns out looking like the photo either but somehow I think it tastes better. That pear and apple cake looks very nice though, I am sure it was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the mozzarella sticks you made look good and they tasted great so definitely a winner.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your mozzarella sticks looks so good and homemade! Those on the recipe picture look like they are mass-produced in a factory.
    Have a nice October!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much for the autumn-blessings and for the information about the moon. He is shining in this moment here and now. Greetings and blessings to you! I had full house of ma whole family.. ;)

    ReplyDelete