Tuesday 26 September 2023

Trip to the Plant Shop

 

 

Yesterday Eldest Daughter and Granddaughter Kate picked me up and off we went to the plant shop.
I was looking for 3 ferns to place around the fountain on our front stoop. There weren't  many ferns to choose from but luckily I found some I liked. Autumn Ferns turn orange in Autumn ( no surprise there) and apparently the new growth in spring will also be orange/reddish colour. 


 

The special this week was any pumpkin free with purchase of $50 ( and they had hundreds of all shapes and sizes). I chose the biggest one I could find.


 We had a successful shopping trip and a lot of fun too.  

Thanks for visiting,




17 comments:

  1. Too bad I couldn't get you some of the ferns that grow ALL OVER our property!! I'm never short of ferns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty 😍 and what a fun pumpkin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to have gone with you on that shopping trip. I love ferns of all kinds and I love pumpkins! You picked out some nice ferns and a beautiful pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ferns are perfect around the fountain. Will you be able to leave them out all winter? Can you tell I don't know anything about ferns at all? :-) I love all of the fall colors that are showing up around here. Mums on a lot of doorsteps as you drive through neighborhoods.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice ferns and I love the big pumpkin 🎃

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ferns...and pumpkins!
    Love yours...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fern is lovely and because we are going into winter all of our plant sellers are having huge sales here.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think ferns are so pretty. The new growth in orange is an added bonus. The free pumpkin is also a nice bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a joy to have such a fine and successful trip with "best friends"! Important: You 3 had good fun, too! Wonderful composition around your fountain! You have such a beautiful and creative garden/house during all seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A free pumpkin - now that is a nice special:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks a nice pumpkin

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks a nice pumpkin.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun! I'm back home and catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty ferns and a very nice pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that fountain and the ferns.

    ReplyDelete