Tuesday 17 October 2023

Canada Geese

 

 It was 10C and cloudy when we left to go walking by the lake. As we came closer we could hear the noise that hundreds of geese make as they "discuss" whether or not to take off. I think they must have decided that yes, they were going, because in just a few minutes the sky was filled with them. We stood and watched in amazement as they circled around a few times then headed South. 
We observed much the same phenomenon on the weekend when we walked in Bateman Park where another walker ( with a much better camera) captured these images.....



 

I continue to have problems commenting on certain blogs and just want to assure you that I am reading them and will keep on trying to comment until perhaps Blogger will fix the issue.

Thanks for visiting today,  GM






14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these great photos. I can hear the honking. :-)
    Our Canada geese are quite happy to stay here year round now so we seldom get the thrill of masses in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching the geese make their way south. The snow geese are my favorite. When they land in a field to rest it looks like snow... so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a lot of geese. Have seen some around here too but nothing like that!! Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those geese make such honking noises when they fly over to head south.
    I love that last picture of the squirrels.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can commet! The "Test" said "Yes" !!!!

    I am fascinated about this big number of flying geese! Wonderful photos! What a natural spectacle

    We have also colder weather now, in the nights frosty .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...those are wonderful Canada goose pictures. Did you know that they mate for life?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such huge flocks of geese! We have a handful at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you could overhear the discussion of the geese, and get the general sense of what they were going on about. Thank you for sharing the pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The "Test" and comment is from me, Dori, I think you know this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great photos! I love to hear them honk as they fly over.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love geese and each year they fly right above our garden in the same direction each year.

    ReplyDelete