Wednesday 11 October 2023

Wednesday Chit Chat

 

 

It was a chilly 10C  when we left the house at 7 to go walking. Lots of ground fog making the park look pretty. Very Autumnal. When we came back DH left for his volunteer 'job' at Gleaners where a load of lentils was arriving.     96,000 lbs of lentils. That will be a great addition to the soup mix.
I fed my rabbit then came in to sit on the porch with a mug of coffee. It was chilly out there too so I switched on my little electric fireplace. I was soon quite cozy.


 Now that our Thanksgiving is over ( it was lovely),  I plan on doing some Fall cleaning before it's time to decorate for Christmas.  Meanwhile I found pumpkins for a dollar each which I thought was a good price. I put some on the front steps and some in the house.



That's about all that's been happening here. Now I better decide where I'll start that cleaning.


Thanks for visiting,  GM

13 comments:

  1. GM we have the same little firestove. It works well and takes the chill off the room. We picked up a 2nd one this year in case the one we are using stops working. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, looking forward to it, I'm glad that you enjoyed yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for pumpkins, but hard to find maybe on the market.
    The temperature is going down on Sunday 14 C I hope it won’t rise again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, I love pumpkins, especially ORANGE!
    Take it easy with that cleaning. You have lots of time. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so cozy and seasonal. I like your steps with the tiles — lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pumpkins on the steps and around the house look great.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could enjoy a fireplace like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing all your pumpkins. They add such lovely color to everything! Hearing about lentils makes me hungry for soup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was really chilly this morning when I left for my ladies Bible study this morning but warmed up nicely to 74. Thunderstorms are rolling in tonight and tomorrow and then we will have MUCH cooler weather if the weather person is right. Tomorrow I will take Mom to get her fllu shot and hope that I can get mine too. Otherwise Dennis and I will go later and get them together. We're on the fence about the next Covid vaccine. We've had four and they make me really sick but I also don't want Covid.
    Take care and enjoy these beautiful fall days my friend. Soon the snow will be arriving and we'll be inside.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is also get cooler here but it’s nice after 27C this week. I like all your pumpkins and this is a good price! I wish I had some at this price.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A morning walk with fog on the ground is so pretty. The row of pumpkins looks great on your stairs. Good luck with the fall cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a similar little stove when we lived abroad. It was so useful on a chilly morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The timing of your Thanksgiving is so much more conducive to a good clean up before Christmas comes. It seems like once we are done with Thanksgiving here it's a mad rush to get everything done.
    Your pumpkins look so cute lined up on your steps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cozy with your little electric fire!!
    Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I wish ours was in October!

    ReplyDelete