Friday 27 October 2023

Friday Chit Chat

 

It's the season of apples and we've been eating apple crisps almost every day. I finally sent the rest of the box along with youngest son today. No doubt DH will bring me more on Monday when he goes back to Gleaners.  I tried a recipe for baked oatmeal ( that called for apples but it's rather heavy and I won't make it again. Definitely needs ice cream, which takes it out of breakfast fare.)  I didn't get a picture of any of the crisps but they looked like this one.


 On the subject of food...here's a picture of daughter Sheila's cute cheese ball that she made for a pot luck lunch at work. She said she used the stem of a green pepper for the top.


Miss Kitty was missing for 24 hours and we were quite concerned where she could be. We discovered her in a storage area behind the garage that she must have slipped into when DH was getting something out of  there. She's very sneaky and quick to slip in behind a person. 

I hope you have a pleasant weekend.  Thanks for coming by   🎃

11 comments:

  1. What a clever idea for the cheese ball.
    Sure glad Miss Kitty turned up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a baked oatmeal with apples for breakfast too but felt it was pretty heavy
    I love your daughters cheeseball.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crisp looks delicious. We had a bumper crop of apples this year so we enjoyed several crisps too. :) That pumpkin cheese ball is adorable! Your daughter did a great job because it really does look like a pumpkin. Glad that Miss Kitty is found and accounted for once again. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is apple season here to, I made a crisp also...should have used a recipe instead of just mixing up a bunch of stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found your kitty. I have a fridge drawer full of apples and will likely make crisps from them. I also put 4 small crisps into the freezer. Just right for 3 or 4 people. The pumpkin cheese ball is very cute. These are lovely days to spend doing cozy things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When one of our cats or Millie goes missing, we search the garage, shop and storage buildings. They are sneaky. Apple crisp is perfect for an autumn treat. Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can have ice cream for breakfast! 😊

    Glad you found Miss Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like apple anything...lol
    So glad you found Miss Kitty!
    Love the header!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks goodness, Kitty is back again! I can understand your feelings very very good!
    In your kitchen there is always a nice surprise! Many greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you located Miss Kitty! Our late, much beloved Nellie-cat spent two days in the storage trailer while we were building our present home. He slipped in and hid while I was looking for something. Finding him there was a moment of rejoicing!

    ReplyDelete