Friday 13 October 2023

Pumpkin Muffins and More

 


 Cooler weather is making me want to bake more often.  This being the season of all things pumpkin I thought I'd try a recipe for Pumpkin & Cream Cheese Muffins.  They turned out very tasty and for a change these muffins came out of their paper cups without leaving anything stuck in them.
In case you'd like to see the recipe it was on a cooking blog called The Novice Chef.



 Something that I noticed while looking at various recipes was that some asked for a half cup of condensed milk.  ( These were not muffin recipes though). So what do I use the rest of the can for?  I find it irritating and avoid those recipes

 ( although they sure sound good).

Would you like to see some Jack-O-Lanterns that I spied on Pinterest? 



 




Pretty silly, huh?  I really only like the third one.  Do you like any?

I hope you have a lovely weekend. Thanks for visiting,   GM

18 comments:

  1. Nice to see those creative pumpkins.
    I like 1 and 5 best.
    The muffins look delicious. I hate when they stick to the paper. I usually don't use the paper liners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny pumpkin- faces! Soon the last Octoberday will come with several thrilling faces :) We had today the last "autumn- summerday", it will become colder on Sunday. Good time for baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those muffins seem to be in the 'must try' category!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun pumpkins! The muffins sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pumpkin & Cream Cheese Muffins looks yummy, so tempting to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pumpkins are all very original. The using of only 1/2 of something always irritates me too, especially with the cost of groceries now. Everytime I go to the store I'm shocked all over again. Those muffins look delicious.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pumpkins are unusual and funny.
    Your pumpkin muffins are a good idea and look very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not keen on pumpkin faces, but 3 is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like them all! Some people are very artistic! Your muffins sound good:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all intriguing! I'll look for the pumpkin muffin recipe on Pinterest. I find the best recipes there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like you, I love all things pumpkin. I have not had a chance to do much any pumpkin baking yet. Hopefully soon. Those pumpkins are all quite clever. The fifth one reminds me of Linus in The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown cartoon. Perhaps you can freeze the condensed milk for another recipe later?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pumpkin # 3 is definitely the prettiest but I do admit that I found the others amusing - obviously others are more creative than I am!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pumpkin muffins looks so good! We bought Pumpkin Spice latte on Starbucks in Edinburgh. I wanted to try to make homemade pumpkin spice latte, and saw that it should have pumpkin puree. So I bought a pumpkin, baked it in the oven and got a delicious pumpkin puree. The Latte was great, and I have also frozen pumpkin puree to make a pumpkin pie later :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think they are all very clever idea, but #3 is very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you on the third pumpkin, though the fifth one really makes me smile. It's such a fun and clever idea. I'm not a talented pumpkin carver, but I'm tempted to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like all of those pumpkins. I miss carving them with my children

    ReplyDelete