Friday 24 May 2024

Flowers and a Cake

 It's been another chilly day....the forecast is for this weather to continue.  One thing I did was to take apart the bouquet I received for Mothers Day and discard any flowers that were not in good condition any more. I rescued some and made an "arrangement" in the window over the sink. Something nice to look at while doing dishes ( no dishwasher here).



 The cake I made was an Applesauce cake. The recipe didn't call for raisins but I'm glad I added them.
 Here's the recipe in case you want to make it.


APPLESAUCE CAKE 


2 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1 1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

********************

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/3 cup water

1 1/2 cups applesauce

2 eggs

3/4 cup sugar

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla


Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9X13 pan

Combine first 5 ingr3edients

In a separate bowl combine the rest. 

 Combine dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.

At this point you can add raisins if desired. Pour batter into prepared pan
and bake 35 to 45 minutes (. in my oven it took 35)

Thanks for visiting


11 comments:

  1. Wow parts of your Mother's day bouquet have really hung in there.
    The cake sounds tasty
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carnations are such long-lasting flowers. I have two left from my Mother's Day bouquet on the kitchen windowsill. Your cake sounds good, although I'd prefer it without the raisins. I do hope the weather warms up soon. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers have certainly lasted well. The cake sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice flowers and delicious cake with recipe!
    Raisins fit perfect together with apples..
    We have the same weather as you and it will also continue..
    The same beautiful flowers I have in my kitchen - since several days, one week or more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty flowers! And thanks for the recipe!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that you have the flowers to enjoy while doing the washing up. I don't have a dishwasher either and I like it that way.

    Thank you for the recipe for the applesauce cake. I think I just may give it a try today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the recipe!

    When I was in the fifth grade another student brought applesauce cookies for the class. I had never heard of such a thing and was afraid to try them! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a great idea to do with your Mother's Day flowers...now you will enjoy them all the more. We have a dishwasher, but I still wash by hand 99% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your flower arrangement. I had a similar "vase" when we lived in Spokane. Somehow in all of our moves, it disappeared. I do miss it as it's a bit different. Your cake recipe looks really good. I've never made an applesauce cake but it sounds like one I would enjoy.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tea cups, as always are so pretty up there!! The cake sounds yummy :) I don't have a dish washer either -- for just the two of us, it would take up too much space.

    ReplyDelete