Thursday 30 May 2024

A Teacup and a recipe

 We went to drop off another bag of "stuff" and also had to return something which meant choosing something else because you don't get any money back, you just exchange it for something else. In order to make up the amount I needed to buy a small item and what's smaller than a teacup?   This one is nothing special but I liked the thistle pattern so home it came.

 



 I saw a recipe for an Orange Loaf on Pinterest and after shopping I made it.  It turned out just lovely, moist and tasting very much like orange.  I'll put the recipe down below in case anyone wants to try it.

Next time I make it I'd like to add a couple of Tablespoons of marmalade to the basic recipe. Marmalade can only improve it, right?


 Thanks for visiting


Whole Orange Blender Loaf

Ingredients:
- 1 large seedless navel orange, unpeeled and cut into eighths
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan, or line it with parchment paper for easy cake removal.
2. Place the orange pieces into a blender and pulse until they are broken down into a pulpy, smooth consistency.
3. Add melted butter, eggs, and sugar to the blended orange in the blender, and blend again until the mixture is well combined.
4. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Pour the orange mixture from the blender into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir together just until combined, making sure not to overmix.
6. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully remove it from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
 
note: in my oven it took 40 minutes



15 comments:

  1. That loaf sounds really nice. I am being tempted to make it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, when I moved into my apartment I gave my blender to my grandson. So, no orange cake. It sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a yummy orange-tasting cake! Some have no orange flavor. Sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that teacup....I love thistle blooms. It gets in my daughters flowers from the neighbors feeding birds and I would love to let one grow but she says no, we can't do that to our neighbors, which is what Roger always told me at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty teacup. A good find. The bread both look and sounds delicious. Thank you for giving us the recipes.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. NICE teacup and the loaf looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tea cup is lovely. It's neat that you can trade your things for something in the thrift shop! And that orange loaf looks delicious. Just another recipe to try! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the recipe....it's definitely going to be made here this weekend! And I totally agree about adding some marmalade to the loaf! Might even make an orangey glaze to brush on the top!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the thistle cup and saucer.
    That orange loaf does sound very good. I might add a touch of cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would now like to drink some tea from your beautiful cup and eat one or two :-)) pieces of your orange bread with it... and ideally all of this together with you.
    Hug - YES -
    AND I bake ist :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that tea cup is so pretty and thanks for sharing the recipe. It looks so yummy. Would be great with a cup of coffee. Hugs and blessings. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a cup of tea in a china cup, that cake is just the sort I like and marmalade would be perfect,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely tea cups and the orange loaf sounds just great!
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  14. That orange loaf looks delicious! I can almost taste it!

    ReplyDelete