Thursday 9 May 2024

Plant Shopping

 DH was kind enough to drive me and eldest daughter to the plant shop and sit bored while we had fun choosing plants.  It was overwhelming with so many other people who were also taking advantage of the sunny morning to shop.  Eldest got many more than I did as you can see by the long receipt she's got in her hand. The back of the pick-up was quite full!


 Here are my choices that include an Autumn Fern, another tomato( San Marzano). I  haven't seen that one available before so I will see how it does.  In the pink pot below is my second lavender "Meerlo" which DH asked me to buy after seeing the one I bought on our last trip.  He really liked it. It's unusual for a lavender with its variegated leaves but the scent is definitely lavender.

 

 


The pink Columbine is one I have growing in the garden ( it made it through the winter) but the yellow one is one I got this morning.


It's very warm and sunny today and none of these new plants was out in the full sun so I'll have to get  them used to it gradually.

I saw this and found it amusing 💗

 


.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Plants lucky you and your daughter!!!! I haven't gone yet we have a couple of weeks before we can plant.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a funny sign. Great work on the flowers. Sounds like a fun day! Did you stop anywhere fun to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your new plants and flowers.....you made some great choices there. I used to shop like your daughter at the plant stores! Ha....don't have the big house and huge yard anymore. Thanks for sharing your fun shopping trips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always called columbines (aquilegias) "granny's bonnets" which I always found so sweet. One of the places we lived in had heaps of them growing under the trees, all different colours as they had hybridized so much. They are one of the old fashioned plants that I love so much. I hope yours all have long colourful lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story of your new flowers begins.
    Choose nice flowers and it's a good idea to gradually bring them out into the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New plants find their home in your area. Happy flowerfamily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaaa...the funny at the end of the post...too true!
    I love shopping at the nursery...I need to go again!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Columbines too. Such pretty colours. That is quite a trolley full!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers are beautiful! My Columbine is blooming now too. I love this time of the year. We went to a nursery yesterday and I was so overwhelmed with all of the plants to look at! I was looking for a Magnolia tree but they didn't have what I was looking for. I actually managed to walk away without anything. My husband starts so many flowers that he plants both here and at the church. I'm looking forward to watching them grow and provide color to my flowerbeds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like colombines they are very gracious.
    I went to get some plants this morning to decorate a corner of the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've done a lot of plant shopping lately too, and I think I have them all planted now.
    Yes, it is columbine time in my garden too. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't purchased any plants yet... but now that I've seen yours I have the itch to go to the nursery! San Marzano tomatoes are my got tomatoes for making and canning sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot believe I have missed three of your posts...I could understand one or two, because that is just how days go...

    But my, oh, my...that is a long receipt! I hope both of your plants grow and are beautiful/produce!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful bunch of new plants you have there. Lots of potential, and immediate enjoyment, too.

    Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete