Monday 22 November 2021

Monday Morning Sky

 

 


 This is the sky we were greeted with as we left on our walk this morning. By the time we came back all was uniformly gray.  By midmorning the rain had begun.  Luckily before that happened I was able to finish cutting all the old foliage off the Hellebores. I think this is the first year I've gotten that job done before the end of November.  I did look it up  and one site said to cut them back in November another said to wait until February. That makes no sense here because by then they'll be blooming.
Anyway, now it's done.



Nothing special happening this week. I do have an appointment to have my eyes checked on Wednesday. I expect I'll have to get new glasses because I'm having more trouble reading these days.


This little gem is #36  made in Japan. I have a number of teacups that were made in Japan and I think I'll post those for the coming weeks. I thought I had a plan not to get mixed up but if I should accidentally post a repeat please let me know. Or chalk it up to old age.


 Granny M

12 comments:

  1. First: I LOVE this header!

    hat a beautiful sky! We say: a red morning means rain later.

    God work in the garden, important, not to ask too much - - -

    Precious fine teacup from Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So dainty is the tea set! Fragile.
    What a gorgeous sunrise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to see some blue sky over the weekend, and early this morning, but now the grey is back. I'm thankful for a cozy home. Hope your eye appointment goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that's so pretty! Japan really has created some beautiful dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sky! I have so much to do this week and Alex and Tara are flying in from London tomorrow! I am just SO excited. Two of our three kids and their families will be here. Plus, lots of other family are coming for Thanksgiving. We'll end up with about 20! Lots to do.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a way to start the day! I need to.get my n.v eyes checked, too. I plan to wait till the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my those colors..can only come from place...GOD's Crayola box. Stunning. I didn't cut my Hellibore back, I didn't know I was supposed to. I don't recall reading anything on the plant ticket about that, I'll have to look into it. Thank you for the clue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful sky, the colours could never be reproduced.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanksgiving is happening here this week, but you've already had yours.
    We cut our hellebores back when the the new growth starts to show. That's a winter job for us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "The early morning has gold in its mouth." I can't remember at the moment who said that, but your morning had even more colors, and riches. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete