Thursday 12 May 2022

Bathroom

In the little half-bath off the bedroom there's a long shelf on which I've lined up sea shells. It's been that way for years . I found 2 items at the thrift store, one of which I hung over the shelf.  Someone has put a lot of work into it and no doubt made a few trips to Michaels for supplies.  You can see the 'box'  in the third picture.


A couple of the squares still need something to complete them.
 

Years ago I made some boxes that are sort of the same. Here's a poor photo of the one currently in my dining room.  Sorry it's so dark.

The box is 2 sided and this is the reverse side. I made more of them and when I think of it I change them around. 

The second wall box (I'm at a loss what to call them)  I got at the thrift store is this one which I haven't decided where to put as yet.  This one also is not quite finished The upper left square needs something.


For something other than decor  there are the goslings which are growing from day to day. This morning the group was being shepherded by 5 adults which I found interesting.  Goose communal living.

 

 
Thanks for coming by.    Have a pleasant weekend.
 
GRANNY M
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. What a great goose family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those boxes you show on your post today.....they are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love geese and those babies are adorable. Love your displays. Catherine from my home and my garden. I can only comment that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your wall boxes. That's a good idea for my rocks.
    And the goose family? Super. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are they called shadow boxes? Loving the goslings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun boxes full of memories! You're right, someone put lots of work and love into the ocean themed one. I love yours too. It's funny. Our small bath off of the bedroom is also sea themed with shells we found at the beach on top of the medicine cabinet and three photos of seagulls that we took on the Oregon Coast hang over the toilet. I should copy you and do a post someday showing them. :-0
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is a lot of baby geese - child care for geese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shadow boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know what I would call those 'boxes', but I do know I like them. And love the teacups on top of the one. they are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sea shell display. I just donated my sea shell patterned shower curtain to our local MCC. I could have sent it your way! Those shadow boxes are quite lovely.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Between you and the thrift store, you have a lot of fun decorating, and you have a good eye for it.
    That's a lot of cute baby poopers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This geese-group is a pleasure! I wish them the best for their life!

    I also have some shells in my bathroom. Your shell-bathroom-decoration is a real tale! Your house is telling nice stories on all places!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The boxes are a lovely way to display bits and pieces of decor. I have an old printer's tray that I keep meaning to do something with. These are great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that sea-themed box - it would look great hanging in my room! :)

    ReplyDelete