Sunday 29 May 2022

Sunday

 

 


 


 

I chose the above picture because I noticed this morning that my first Oriental Poppy has opened. You know the ones, huge red flowers!!  Every year they grow and bloom and need no special care. Yes, they tend to flop but kind of hold each other up.

My week is going to be somewhat different. My DH has gone to visit his family. Youngest son took him to the airport this morning. I have various projects I want to do. The weather forecast isn't promising so I'll be forced to stay indoors and actually work on those projects.

Granddaughter Kate gave me these bunnies a couple of years ago. They're filled with something heavy so they stand very firmly and could even serve as door stops. I put them out every Spring and am finally putting all the Spring things away. Did you notice the tails?  Whoever made these did not know much about the anatomy of rabbits because that's certainly not a bunny's kind of tail.


Kate will be coming over shortly. I'll go unlock the front door for her. I hope your Sunday is a lovely one.

Thanks for coming by,  GM

14 comments:

  1. Hope your DH has a safe journey. Lol on the rabbit tails. Enjoy your granddaughter's company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get all your projects done while your husband is away. :) Sometimes it's nice to be on your own.
    Yes, see what you mean about the bunny tails!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with my son, daughter, and granddaughter this Sunday at our Whidbey Island cabin, enjoying being busy and not busy together. They are here for the weekend but we will go home tonight. A busy week awaits us. I hope yours goes well too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny rabbits! But they really have a long tail :)

    The Oriental poppies I really love. Here also they begin to open their moonlight -

    Good time for DH on his trip and for you at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA....Those bunny tails made me laugh! Hope you have had a terrific Sunday too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bunny tails are rather incongruous. Perhaps it's a cat/bunny cross! Your poppy is gorgeous. We have some yellow California poppies blooming just now - how bright and cheerful they are. I hope you have a good week, GM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol Those sure are interesting bunnies. From the front very cute, from the back, wierd. :-) I hope you're able to get all done that you want to this week. We're in a tornado watch again tonight. So many storms already this spring. Lots more than last year.
    Take care and have a great Monday my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get things done that you want to do. Funny bunny tails...for once I had not noticed till you pointed them out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post, I know you'll miss your husband but so happy to hear that your granddaughter visits. I had a good laugh over your bunnies long tails :) Have a sweet week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope not a bunny tail! I hope you get all your projects done while your husband is gone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got a good chuckle off the bunny tails! LOL! Seems it takes me forever anymore GM to get things done. I have found that I am like a child again and easily distracted. Ha! Hope you get some things done that you need to do and want to do. Happy Week to you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you ever consider that the stuffed animals might be cats with bunny ears? Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL on the bunnies tails ...
    Have a good week ahead, and enjoy your grand-daughters company.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oriental poppies are such a pretty red - I once had a solitary plant in one of my gardens and always enjoyed its flowers. I hope your week alone goes well and you find plenty to keep you busy :) xx

    ReplyDelete