Tuesday 24 May 2022

Tuesday Trivia

 The sun never broke through the clouds today but we reached 18* (64F) having started out at 8* first thing this morning.   I got my little Sweet Peas put into the ground and pulled lots of weeds again. 

The rugosa rose that we planted behind the house has more buds and blooms than any other year so far.
We love rugosas because they're so hardy and dependable.



 


 
Right below that rose is an old fountain that has become a planter with some kind of succulent growing in it. There used to be a second part to the fountain but it broke  so I put a pot of mint there for now. I've never been much for drinking plain water but since I've started putting sprigs of mint in the water pitcher in the fridge I've found it makes water much more drinkable.


 I hope you had a good day.  G.M.




13 comments:

  1. During the 18 years in our Vermont home, I gathered quite a collection of 'own-root' rugosa roses. They may bloom only once a year but their beauty, scent, hardiness are unmatched. I planted a few in my first Kentucky garden--they survived but didn't truly flourish--I suspect our hot, humid summers aren't to their liking. I have also been weeding today--it will never be finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful rose, and your mint plant looks so healthy. I like the idea of putting a sprig in the water jug :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful rose. We had a bush like that when I was a child. I just called it a wild rose. It bloomed beautifully every year without fail. To my knowledge, no trimming or cutting of any kind was ever done to it.
    I should try some peppermint in my water. I get tired of the plain stuff too.
    I hope your Wednesday is wonderful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, that rose!! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mint added to tea is always nice in the Summer too, it is so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound busy! That rose is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful rose! I think you found a perfect location for your pot of mint. Definitely best to keep them contained. I, too, like mint in my water, especially in the summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rugosa roses are so fragrant too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such pretty gardens!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those roses are so beautiful 🤩 i love dependable plants

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Rugosa Rose is simply beautiful! I have one, it's kinda purple, and beautiful. It never did well where it was planted so I dug it up and put it in a pot. It bloomed really pretty this year. You have such a green thumb! Your mint is pretty growing there too.

    ReplyDelete