Wednesday 4 May 2022

Flowers

 

 Another day of clouds and some showers. Our 7 day forecast can be summer up in one word. RAIN.

It was a pleasant day in spite of the clouds. We took a drive to the plant shop where I was rather disappointed that I couldn't find the plants on my "wish list" but I managed to find others. Also got some Marigolds and Petunias. Those were on my list. The tomato plants were tiny so I'll wait until I find some that are at least 6 to 8 inches high. 


This pink Carnation found its way into my cart.  It was in a 4" pot but I soon had it potted up in a bigger one. It will stay on the porch for the summer and hopefully live through the winter there.



. Eldest daughter brought me a branch of pink Dogwood. I wish we'd have planted one when we built this place 40some years ago. I can imagine how tall and lovely it would be by now.




In a rather neglected but shady area at the end of the house I have some Primroses and I'm pleased that at least some cowslips (Primula veris) survived the winter.  I wish they'd spread and make a lovely mat but that's not happening.


That was my day. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Mustn't forget the teapot.

Granny M.



12 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers make the cloudy day light and full of friendly colors! Our tomatoes still are not bigger than very very small. They must not be put outside before May, 15th. We call this time the "Ice-Saints" , that means, it can happen, that it can be under zero in the nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite today is the pink carnation (they are my 2nd favorite flower ...rose being #1).

    You speak of summer and rain...it's predicted to reach a heat index of 110°F here on Saturday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely time with flowers coming. We could really need some of your rain, here it is very dry and big danger for woodfires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so fun to look at plants and choose some to bring home. I live that reapot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get excited when I'm the first commentor on a blog post. I feel like I should win a prize, lol. All the flowers are beautiful. Never thought about potting carnations. I'm liking that idea and may give it try; though I tend to do better with outdoor plants...but maybe. Such a cute teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have not gone flower shopping yet. I want to but I don't know if I feel like digging yet. I didn't know you built your house! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you've gotten some beautiful flowers for your garden. I'd like to get some petunias and pansies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so nice to see all of your beautiful flowers today. Apparently it's been raining like crazy at home and the grass is growing like crazy. I wonder if there are any flowers showing yet? The rhubarb I brought and transplanted from Spokane was just poking through the ground last Monday. Here, although it's famous for rain, we have had a string of gorgeous days with just a few sprinkles on two different days. Dennis and Alex put in stairs to his outside office today. Yesterday they leveled and prepared the ground for some patio tiles that were supposed to be delivered yesterday. No one seems to know where they are though. Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow so they can finish up the job before we go home.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty flowers you did well in choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have the prettiest flowers. I love pink dogwoods. Ours died last year. Just made me sick. It was big and beautiful and I have no idea why it died. I planted four pots of marigolds in the veg garden today. That's an unusual teapot. It's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dogwood is not something I am familiar with, but I love it's pretty flowers. A large tree must look spectacular :)

    ReplyDelete