Saturday 12 November 2022

Cleaning the Dollhouse

 I've shown the exterior of my dollhouse many times here on my blog but the inside doesn't  get seen often even by me. The whole cupboard it sits on is heavy and somewhat awkward to move into the room so that I have access to the back.  However, today was the day I decided to dust the rooms and tidy up a bit.




That's the stairs behind the sofa. The tiny spindles are so cute but there's no way I can get a proper photo.  There's even a light on the newel post. The lamp in the bedroom also lights up. Almost all of the work putting this house together was done by my eldest daughter. DH did some work especially on the lean-to kitchen which was not part of the original kit.



One day I'll try making a tiny apron to hang on one of the hooks in the kitchen. 

Meanwhile in my kitchen I made a tiramisu for the first time and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I thought it would be complicated to make but it's really simple and I'm sure I'll be making it again in the near future. I used mascarpone, which is what the recipe called for, but I'd like to try making it with cream cheese instead next time.
 


The recipe called for sifting cocoa over the top but that seemed like it would be too bitter so I used
hot chocolate mix instead.
I think it will be easier to slice tomorrow. It was still quite soft today.


Thanks for coming by,  G.M.



18 comments:

  1. I am fascinated with dollhouses (don't know why I don't have one of my own!) and loved this peep into your one. A tiny apron would be such a cute addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank looks delicious. Great idea using hot chocolate. And your dollhouse?!! How wonderful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dolls House is a beauty - looks very real and complete. Have a great week there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your doll house!!! It is beautiful. LOVE the kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your doll house. I've been thinking of getting one and been looking for what I want for quite some time. The tiramisu sure looks good and I like the changes you made. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doll house reminds me of the one that belonged to m mother-in-law, that we had here after she passed. Since it is now on longer played with I have it packed away, awaiting the time when it will have to find a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful dollhouse! And made by your daughter and dear husband themselves in former tims1This is great! I also had such a wonderful dollhouse when i was a small girl. With lights and different rooms and little stairs. My father made it perfect after he had got the raw form from his brother. My mother made the textiles. O what sweet idea to make a tiny apron to hang on one of the hooks in the kitchen. :))

    I LOVE Tiramisu! The bitter chocolate-powder fits perfect, you can really try next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Granny, your Tiramisu looks delicious. And what a beautiful dollhouse. Each room is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this doll house 😍❤️ that dessert looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your doll house! You are very talented I have never attempted such a thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dollhouse is so sweet. I'm always fascinated by them. Your tiramisu looks wonderful. I've never made it either but have had it in restaurants and really enjoyed it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful dollhouse. Such intricate details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I didn't know better I would have thought I was touring a full sized house. The details are amazing. I especially love the kitchen. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks delicious. I would love to have that recipe if you care to share.Chris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that dollhouse is amazing! The work it must have taken to put it all together! Such a beautiful piece of work! I love tiramisu and have made one several times. It has been quite a while since I've made one... maybe its time to do it again! I just love the taste of coffee and the whipped cream - yum - so good! Enjoy your treat after all that hard work dusting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The tiramisu looks so yummy! Often I wish I lived in your house, just for the delicious baking.
    GM, I've always adored dollhouses. My grandmother made one for me when I was about 8, with lamps and lovely furniture that she bought. But the house itself she made of sturdy cardboard. It was pretty (2 story with porch pillars!), but it did not survive. I still have the furniture somewhere. Yours is so so pretty! Your daughter did an amazing job. If I were you ... I'd keep it turned around so that the interior shows. I would never get tired of looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas there in the doll house. I wish our house was as clean and tidy as it is. Actually, I have begun the big preholiday clean up, but I keep getting distracted with rearranging things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your beautiful doll house SO nice

    ReplyDelete