Tuesday 1 November 2022

Coconut Pie and miniature churches



Happy first day of November.  This is the picture on my calendar.


 On the subject of home made I made an Impossible Coconut pie . I had extra milk that I needed to use and also lots of eggs so it just seemed like a good idea.  If you're not familiar with the Impossible pies
( both sweet and savoury) that are made using Bisquick you're missing out. They are so easy and very tasty. I made this yesterday and since the blender was out anyway I made an Impossible Quiche for our supper. Washing the blender is not one of my favourite jobs ( I don't have a dishwasher) so when I use it I try to make more than one recipe that needs a blender. ( There are a multitude of  recipes on line for this kind of easy pies.)


Anonymous ( O how I wish for a name!!!) asked what Dickens houses are. First of all let me say that not all of mine are true Dickens house. I don't care what brand they are as long as they're all more or less the right scale. They are small ceramic houses that light up. Most people just put them out at Christmas but I find them far too pretty to limit their use to a month or two.
I tried getting pictures of the ones on my high shelves but in spite of standing on a chair the pictures were too dark but I have some churches along the same line. They are too tall for the shelves so I have those in the living room. They are also lit up 24/7 and stay up all year.



 I hope my explanation was helpful. Thanks for visiting today. I hope your day is a good one.


Granny M


15 comments:

  1. I have not heard of these pies! Love the houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the little houses. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not had coconut cream pie in decades!! And you are the 2ndperson to blog about using Bisquick for crust today. Those churches are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the houses. Your coconut pie looks delicious. Hope you'll have a wonderful November and blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The houses are lovely.
    Yes, I've heard of the impossible pies and I agree good and easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like the little houses :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the little houses :)

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanx Granny! I'm the Anonymous, but really I'm the Furrygnome. That's one way Google is messing me up these days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful churches! Enlightened all the year and 24 hours a day: this is wonderful!
    Please send to me a small piece of your coconut-pie! Thank you :))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. The coconut pie looks delicious. I have not made an impossible pie for a long time! The churches are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just put a few drops of dish soap and some warm water in my blender and run it for a few seconds after I'm done using it. I still wash it in the sink but the hard part's done! - Sheila :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to have a LOT of houses, people, trees, a pond, horses, etc. When we moved from our house in Spokane I gave them all to Mandy as she was the one who always enjoyed putting it up every year. I didn't have anywhere I could leave it out or I would have.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your house seems to be full of intriguing little corners filled with beautiful treasures - those churches are another lovely example :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I want to make that impossible coconut pie! It looks so easy and delicious. Your churches are pretty -- I have a "village" that I only pull out at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the house. I have some different one from France too. I also cook or bake with what I have in fridge and cupboards
    And it makes good recipes!

    ReplyDelete