Wednesday 23 November 2022

Thrift Store Finds

 

 I found this odd little Christmas "tree" at the thrift store. Someone glued baby food jars together then stuck some tinsel in each jar also a little light.  My picture  isn't great but you get the idea. One just never knows what treasure there is to be found for a few dollars. When I no longer want it,  back it will go to amuse some other family.



 This pail was also a thrift store find. I gathered some of the pine cones while eldest daughter brought me more.  Slowly things are being brought out of the Christmas cupboard.


Thanks for coming by,  GM




9 comments:

  1. I remember those Christmas trees from when I was much younger. It still worked. The pail is really pretty too. I probably won't start decorating until after Alex and his family go home. Every minute I have will be spent with family for the next week. Baby J actually put her arms out to me at the airport tonight! She remembered who I am from our videos.
    Happy Thanksgiving my friend.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not seen a "tree" like that before - it certainly is pretty when it is all lit up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My SIL made a baby jar tree for me many years ago. I loved it, it's so pretty at night with the lights shining bright.!! Great find, hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoyed mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny and nice Christmas-tree made from baby food jars! I never saw this before, but I read in the comment of Betsy, that they were a pleasure in former times - -The pail full of pinecones is fine. So you had a very good success visiting the thrift store! I look forward to see more decorations for Christmas in your loving house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea for the Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's exciting to think of decorating for Christmas 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw those trees long ago. Good nostalgic find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Granny....I love that colorful little tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little Xmas tree is such a good diy idea!

    ReplyDelete