Friday 24 November 2023

Christmas Pillows and an Advent Calendar

 

I rarely buy anything through Face Book Marketplace but when I saw these 3 Christmas pillows for a very good price I decided to get them. It wasn't quite as easy as I thought because we had trouble finding the address but in the end we got there.


 Another Christmas related item we got yesterday was this old fashion  Advent calendar that Sheila brought when she came by. I call it old fashion because it's hard to find one that doesn't have chocolate or something similar behind each little door. We used to reuse our Advent calendars from year to year but eventually the doors wouldn't stay shut any more ( and the children outgrew the tradition).  This year I'll open the doors myself unless M is interested. At 14 he might not be, I'll ask him and see.


 

Another chilly morning but mostly clear sky. No walk for us though. We did the grocery shopping and that always seems to tire me out.  

Thanks for coming by today, 


Granny M



14 comments:

  1. I love the pillows and I always do an advent calendar:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love advent calendars, but not with candy inside. My son works in a candy store, and he sells them too, but with chocolate. I used to have one with Bible verses behind the doors. That was so beautiful. I wish you a good rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cushions, so Christmassy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely Advent Calendar.
    Glad you were able to get a good deal on the pretty Christmas pillows

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those Advent calendars . One year recently I did on myself too, but it wasn't that much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Christmas pillows.
    I prefer the old fashioned non-chocolate advent calendars too

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is going to ring in the Christmas holiday in style . . . such pretty finds.
    Your blog is not showing my name . . . this is Connie from crafty home cottage :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute pillows. The avent calender is darling we had one for my daughter but it was a cloth thing you fill the pockets with sweets one for each day
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet advent calendar. I bought the last things for Piper's advent stocking garland last week. I need to wrap them up and put them in the stockings this week so she has it by the first.
    Those pillow are wonderful. I love the designs on them all.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pillows and the old fashioned calendar give me a fine impression of this romantic time before Christmas. I love it very much to feel like in my childhood! Here in Germany it is also not easy to find a Christmas-calendar without chocolate.. We have the first snow now here and it nearly looks like your calendar!! Many greetings an blessings to you from Dori from the Bavarian Forest.
    (I have these days a lot of guests in my house, our adult children and the little children from our children :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pillows!
    I need to come up with an advent calendar for Sloane!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pillows and the calendar!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a lovely Advents calendar! I remember when I was a child I loved to look at the pictures behind the doors. This year I came over a tea advent calendar to a good price! The pillows are cute!

    ReplyDelete