Saturday 4 November 2023

Thrifty Finds and Wet Weather

 It's a very wet morning. We managed to get a walk in during a lull in the rain but there was an unavoidable puddle on the path and the water actually went over the top of my 6" boot. Needless to say that felt uncomfortable.

Not much to blog about today but I do have a couple of thrifty treasures that I don't think I've posted about. The first is a Royal Albert mug ( the pattern is called Winsome). It matches a saucer I already had.



 I also found these cute winter themed place mats just the right size for lunch or a snack. 
 I like the first side better than the one with the oversized snowman. For a dollar I was not going to leave them behind.



 I hope you're having better weather than we are. The weather network is calling this an "atmospheric river" which is going to continue tomorrow and possibly cause flooding in low-lying areas. Fortunately we won't be greatly affected. I'm so relieved that we had our roof redone when we did.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend,

      Thanks for visiting, GM

Linda....I use Firefox but could maybe try Chrome and see if that helps with the problem with commenting. I keep hoping it will rectify itself as suddenly as it began.



14 comments:

  1. We are having perfectly lovely weather good for all those fall chores before winter comes. What a wonderful couple of finds!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember when the weather prediction was for heavy rain? Now it's an "atmospheric river" or a "pineapple express" lol! How nice you were able to find a cup to match you saucer. Teatime here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do find some amazing bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh having wet feet is not fun.
    We ended up having a nice sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cup and saucer are so delicate and pretty. The mats are adorable, too. Sorry about all of the rain you are having. We have had a lot of rain this year. A couple of weeks ago it rained for five out of the seven days one week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your winter themed placemats are so cute....and I love the mug and saucer! Our weather is pretty good right now....sunny and in the 40's Fahrenheit. Sure hope we get less snow than last year. We set a new record for snowfall last year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful cup and saucer and to find the matching cup was serendipity. I like the 1st side of the placemats better too, but I adore any and all snowmen. Unless they're mean snowmen! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The china mug is a very dainty pattern. I love drinking tea from china cups and mugs - seems to taste better. We've had a warm day with some rain, but also lots of sunshine and wind. The rain seems to come at night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good roof is so important! - I don't like heavy rain! Here in Europe they had bad rain and storm these days in France, a catastophe!! In summer in Greece and later in Spain! Here the weather is calm, I am very thankful. But the changing of the climate is all over the world..
    What a miracle, that you found the cup for the plate!!!! They both are happy to be together now!!! Many greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cup and saucer! Finding a cup to match the saucer was such luck or meant to be, one or the other. However it happened I am glad you have a set now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had a whopper of a rain storm down here in Seattle Saturday morning. Fortunately it was short lived and most of our rain has been gentle.
    I'll look forward to seeing if you can work out commenting on my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice finds.After a big storm and a second smaller one now we are having heavy rain

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your placemats! I rather like snowmen as Christmas decor. Our weather here has been very variable — it rained for a week which, yes I know, we needed but … and then it got really cold and now this week we are back to summer. Is it any wonder that everybody’s allergies are going mad? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How nice to find the cup to match your saucer! Our weather is dry now -- too dry. That sounded like a very soggy walk.

    ReplyDelete