Thursday 23 November 2023

Cookies and a Visit

 


 Sheila is coming by for tea after work so I baked her favourite shortbread cookies. I've asked the grown kids which Christmas cookies they'd miss the most so I won't be making those that no one mentions. So often there are too many left after the holidays and I'm trying to avoid that.

I noticed unusual activity across the street and now I see that the huge pine is being cut down today. That makes me sad.


 As you can see in the picture, it's a lovely late Autumn day. Two degrees above freezing when we walked and no wind at all. Perfect walking weather. We came upon a young raccoon who wasn't particularly afraid of is. We stood about 8' away from the bushes where he sat, watching us. Cheeky little fellow.

That's about all that's happening here. I hope your day is going well. 

To all my American friends...Happy Thanksgiving.




9 comments:

  1. Thank you. It's mostly sunny here today too. The turkey is smoking on the grill. There's a lull now in the dinner prep since we did a lot yesterday.
    I pared down my cookie list the same way several years ago. Now I'm eliminating double batches since I give very few away any more and my local family is small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel sad when a tree is cut down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...your cookies look delicious. I like that you asked the family about their favourite Christmas cookies and focusing just on those. I know what you mean about having too many left over.

    That is one enormous tree! I know you will miss seeing it but maybe the people who live there will rest easier if there should be a bad windstorm.

    Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Sheila had a great time. Cookies look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shortbread is on my list of cookies to make soon. Yours look very festive with the green and red cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cookies look so delicious. Yes, it is sad to see that big tree going down....that's progress hmm? Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes....it has been a good day, even though quiet this year, for us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cookies look delicious! Shortbread is a favorite here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cookies were as delicious as ever! They taste like the Christmases of my childhood. - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cookies look wonderful! It was a good and busy Thanksgiving here!

    ReplyDelete