Tuesday 14 November 2023

Impossible Lemon Pie


 

The temperature hovered at the freezing mark this morning. The boardwalk by the lake was slippery and we had to be very careful. I hope the city workers will start spreading sand soon because I even saw one poor woman fall.

I had a lemon that I needed to use or lose so I decided to try making an Impossible Lemon pie. I followed the recipe ( for a change) except I used fresh lemon juice and also grated the rind.  I don't think the lemon flavour would be strong enough without it. Also...if you decide to make it be sure to use a deep dish pie plate ( I used a 9" regular and had to put some of the filling in a ramekin). 
  We already made inroads into ours so the pictures here are from the internet.



Ingredients

  • 2 cups milk
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • ½ cup Bisquick baking mix
  • 4 eggs
  • ¼ cup butter melted and cooled
  • teaspoons vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup lemon juice bottled is fine

Instructions

  • Spray a 9-inch pie plate generously with cooking spray.
  • Place all ingredients in a blender.
    2 cups milk, ¾ cup sugar, ½ cup Bisquick baking mix, 4 eggs, ¼ cup butter, 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract, ¼ cup lemon juice
  • Mix on low speed for 3 minutes then pour the pie filling into the greased pie plate. Let it rest for 5 minutes before placing it in the oven.
  • Bake at 350 for 40 minutes and allow the pie to cool before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers. May be served straight from the fridge if you prefer it chilled.   Thanks for coming by,  GM  

17 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, but I dont know the baking mix, and not sure if I can get it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love lemon desserts here. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I plan to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's midnight here and now, when I see this delicious pie and I would like to eat NOW before going to bed a piece of this fine pie!

    Hope the poor woman did not hurt too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was perfect timing... I have several lemons in the fridge that need to be used. Lemon pie it is! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...that sounds and looks delicious! My husband loves anything lemon. Just viewing the recipe it seems to be much like the recipe for Impossible Pumpkin Pie. Stay safe on your walks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks and sounds great. I've copied it down to try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really good! Thanks for giving us the recipe. I'm definitely going to try this.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I copied the recipe! Thanks!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lemon pie is SO delicious! That sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS- I made your pie!! We LOVED it!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impossible Lemon Pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lemon pie looks so good! Take care when it is slippery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have heard of impossible pies but never attempted one. I will have to give it a go. Anything that doesn’t require a lot of standing is a plus for me these days.

    ReplyDelete