Tuesday 25 June 2024

Flowers

 Mostly sunny this morning with a temperature of 14C (57F).  DH had to be at Gleaners early today so we had to walk a little faster and not stop to chat with anyone on our walk. Saw a rabbit and some squirrels as well as the usual ducks and geese.

When we came back he went on his way and I did more hoeing and deadheading....a never ending job.
I noticed a new lily had opened. From one year to another I forget what I have so it was a pleasant surprise.

The Campanula  carpatica are beginning to open now. The white ones are not quite as open as the blue ones.  A little pansy seems to have taken root in the middle of this one.
 


There are others that I'd like to add but I have no more room.   I haven't had much luck growing Canterbury Bells in the past. Aren't they just gorgeous?

picture from the internet

Nothing much to blog about otherwise. I hope you're having a good day.

 

Granny M

 

 






20 comments:

  1. Your work in the garden is paying off in beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lily is sure a stunning flower...would stop me dead in my tracks if I came across it. Your others are beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...they are gorgeous. We planted ours last year and they bloomed this year. SO pretty...and now we will start over again next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canterbury Bells are lovely. I havent grown them this year, I forgot about them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I walked in the same weather as you this morning. :). Blooms are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Lilies are such a bright cheerful color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love looking at your flowers! And that new lily is a real beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's about what it is like in the Black Hills temperature-wise. We're really enjoying it after the extreme heat in Omaha.
    Your flowers are gorgeous. Please tell your Hubby thank you for his work with the gleaners. I think it's wonderful. We have a couple of pretty nice guys, don't we?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have blue and white campanulas . Campanulas are very nice flowers.
    In the past I had white lilies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a few of the Companula persicifloia (Peach leaf companula) that come back every year. They are persistant. Not so the big old Canterbury Bells, I think. Mine didn't last.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fire colours of your lily are gorgeous. Hope you have a great day as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bells in 3 colors are a miracle! Your whole garden is telling a story of paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three cheers for your marvelous green thumb. Your flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful lilies and I like bluebells, I have white and blue ones in the garden and they also bloom sporadically in our summer meadows.
    Many greetings go to you and I wish you nice walks.
    Hug

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your asiatic lilies are simply stunning! Do you winter them in the pots? Thanks for sharing.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very nice post, always a joy to see beautiful flowers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing colors!
    The bells are wonderful!!
    Your garden Grandma Marigold looks like heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I admire your green thumb. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes it was you I thought of when I saw the set at the antique place...I always think of you when I see pretty teacups and saucers and teapots, too for that matter.

    ReplyDelete