Friday 21 June 2024

Friday Trivia

 

 


 It's been a busy day. We did the grocery shopping this morning, put that all where it belonged, then off to pick raspberries before it got too hot.  We didn't need many because not many in the family are fond of them but it was nice to be able to pick ( and eat) some.  I think this may be the last year we'll be up to going out into the fields and picking.

We also went to Walmart where I had more grocery items I wanted plus there were name brand socks for men on a really good price.  DH and youngest son wear plain black socks so I stock up when I can. I noticed that every package of 6 pairs had a smallish hole. Didn't think much of it but when I got home I discovered that there were 5 pairs and a spare. I can't think why that happened. Did someone take one sock out of each package?  

Construction continues and we are forever checking on what's happening. I think the workers want to get as many walls lifted as they can before they go home for a weekend of well-deserved rest.

Picture from the internet


I can smell the soup I'm making for supper...Broccoli Cheese.  Even on hot days I enjoy soup!
It's getting close to the supper hour.  Thanks for coming by.

15 comments:

  1. Strange about the socks.
    We have a small raspberry patch but they are not ripe yet. I'll have to keep an eye on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love soup any time of year, too. There is just something about soup that i love. I am not a big fan of eating raspberries, or even blackberries, but I so love to pick them. I actually like picking about anything...I tell Roger it must be something I inherited from my ancestors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a big construction going up. I wonder if it will affect your views?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a strange thing with the socks. Maybe someone thought it wouldn't be as noticable if they just took one from each package. The raspberries sound delicious. A friend in Spokane has a patch and she used to invite us over to pick. I would make a few jars of jams and they were so good.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love a good soup! The best! Have a great weekend now....
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soup is a comfort food for me, I can eat it anytime. I do eat it more in the fall and winter. I haven't been berry picking in years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmm, fresh raspberries! You are making my mouth water :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it raspberry season already! We often find berries in our grocery store are from Abbotsford.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love raspberries but not the seeds!
    That is odd about the socks.
    Broccoli and cheese soup is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love soup all year round too. I just made a big pot last Wednesday and I'm still enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not a soup eater in the summer but I do enjoy a hot cup of coffee in the hot mornings. That is weird about the socks???? did you take them back?
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, raspberries! That is interesting construction, so many walls. The socks, though...how weird!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fresh raspberries is the best and I just love all kind of soup!
    Have a happy Sunday & take care :)
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love raspberries, I would have loved to pick some. We had some in the garden when we lived in our old house. The " gardener " (me) didn't look after them very well, so we did not have a lot, but enough to eat fresh :)















    t

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our raspberries aren't quite ready yet, but the blueberries and strawberries are. At some point this week, my husband will begin picking the currants and gooseberries. It's that wonderful time of the year...jam making time.

    ReplyDelete