Wednesday 19 June 2024

Wednesday Happenings

 Thank you for the concern  after I mentioned my fall. Really, nothing but my dignity was damaged (well, maybe a few plants were flattened).

Quiet walk on this side of the lake this morning....


 ...but on the other side part of a movie was going to be filmed.

Looks like it's going to be a Christmas one



 They were putting down what looked like white fibrefill and covering it with artificial snow. You can see the "snow" piled up at the other end.


 A light post and wreath


 We've had this kind of thing before. Apparently Abbotsford has some good places for filming.
They have missed the bad weather and now we're to have 2 or 3 days of sunshine. No doubt by the weekend this will all be gone. We've noticed other times that they leave no mess at all when they go.

The sunshine is very welcome.  Two sons took the shop vacuum up on the roof and cleaned the gutters.
Eldest daughter did some much needed cleaning along the side of the house. We sure appreciate all the help we get.



(That gloved hand that accidentally got into the picture is grandson M holding a very wet butterfly that he just discovered).

Never a dull moment...LOL


Thanks for visiting





8 comments:

  1. I hope the butterfly recovered! how nice that you have help from the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun that you are in an area where filming is done from time to time. And what a blessing that they clean everything up when they are ready to leave.

    I'm so glad that your children are close by and able to help you and your husband out with jobs that need done. I know you know how blessed you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have a movie filmed there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are blessed to have children that come and help with things that need to be done. We're having rainy days for now, they'll move out soon and we're back to hot sunny days!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad there are no nasty results of your fall. I've always wondered about those movies that are filmed in the summertime. How do they possibly get all of the scenes with fake snow? They show people driving and walking for blocks through snow. That's a LOT of fiberfill! :-)
    How blessed you are to have such wonderful help at your disposal. You have a great crew.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your fall. I missed reading your comments because I went to bed very early due to feeling dizzy for some reason. You're lucky you can get up off the floor by yourself when you take a fall. I usually can't unless there is something close by to help me push myself back up. In my latest years my balance has gotten very bad. Hope you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you didn't get hurt in your fall.
    The lake is wonderful.
    I'm glad you have help from your kids. I also help my mother and mother-in-law a lot!
    Very interesting photos from the shooting of the film!!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asking for help is something we will soon need to do more of, but we have a small. very busy family. I'm glad you have such good help.
    Watching that movie set up is interesting. Probably a Hallmark film.

    ReplyDelete